World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any good marks around southampton water or the solent to throw a lure around and catch? Mrs bought me a lure so fancy having a bash and seeing whats what.
Cheers Damo

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
I've had loads of small bass from Maggy Lane, 12 in a session last year but in the summer. Lepe too but only up to 2lbs, nothing too big.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Lepe at low water, hurst is amazing in the summer! If u can go that far! Hamble spit and up the river can produce I fish there on me lunch break! The red bridge flyover can throw a few up! Also maggy lane can to!

To be honest mate I could name every mark in the area n say u can get fish on the lure which at the right times u will!! I've found the most productive times are dawn n dusk for the lures

One last thing most of my lure fish come 2 hours either side of the slack high and low I hope this helps

Ps. I wouldn't Bother yet though end of April is normally the time to start but this weather might change a few feeding habits!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info :) over warsash way later so might have a go and get to grips with luring. Looking forward to the warmer weather.
Cheers Damo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts