World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I am new at lure fishing in the UK.
I talked to a few skippers from West Mersea and they told that as the sea is muddy and mostly they fish at shallow muddy water, they do not advice lure fishing.
I talked to the people who teach me the lure fishing, they said I should try different colors and see which works better.
Does anyone have experience with on lure fishing in muddy water?
I will be fishing Southend-West Mersea area.
Thanks in advance.
Serhan

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Hi mate, you’ll struggle to get people to part with locations that easily. Best thing to do is to get out and explore the areas. Look on google maps at the coast line and cycle or walk the coastal paths at likely spots. It’s a bit late in the season for these areas lure fishing now as a lot of the bass have moved on and the ones that are left seem less active (which is strange as the water is still warm !?!), but that means you’ve got loads of time to look for marks ready for next season :smile2: good luck with it !

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi mate, you’ll struggle to get people to part with locations that easily. Best thing to do is to get out and explore the areas. Look on google maps at the coast line and cycle or walk the coastal paths at likely spots. It’s a bit late in the season for these areas lure fishing now as a lot of the bass have moved on and the ones that are left seem less active (which is strange as the water is still warm !?!), but that means you’ve got loads of time to look for marks ready for next season :smile2: good luck with it !
Thanks a lot

1 - 3 of 3 Posts