World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Saltiga. That's a big plug init?
My own favourite has been the pencil popper. Very similar I think, but a lot smaller. I had an 8 pounder almost swallow the entire thing once. Managed to release unharmed but not easy!
Never occured to me it was inhaled, just a big gob.
Mark, do the smaller Bass take the saltiga too, or just all your doubles?
:laugh:

·
Registered
759 Posts
Yes mate , had them the same size of the plug :eek:hmy:

GREEDY BLIGHTERS , its the predator in them for sure ,

is the pencil , poper the one with the gill slits ,
or the cordell
same as the one i use , laser sardine seems to do it for me ,

when you see bass hit mac , 4 am in the morning , you realise its not a big lure at all ,
casts miles , works in a rough sea to , so long as water is clear

Do you think it may have inhaled , if it got it that far down , or just came at it hard and nailed it in one , like all mine seem to
Ye, gill slits, that's the one. Someone told me they're discontinuing that plug :nonono:, gutted if that's true.
Personally I go with the 'nailed it in one' theory. That Bass was pretty close when it took, and it came in fast.
That's what I love about Bass anyway, aggression!
Can't picture them messing about like a carp or something.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
If its anything like fly fishing it depends on how much slack line you have and therefore how long it takes for you to feel the fish and strike or the fish feel restistance and bolt.

Never had a problem unhooking single hooks on either soft plastic or fly, even down to size 4.

·
Registered
369 Posts
i got all manner of plugs for up top as its my favourtie way of fishing as well . i got some well small ones at about 50-70mm i guess as some days the fish dont want to hit big plugs and i can only remember 1 being deeply enhaled .i dont use soft plastics as often as i should . maybe ive been lucky who knows as i dont like seeing a fish put under any more agro than need be . also i dont get this striking of our bass its no needed just lift in to the fish quickly and firmly if needed and thats all you have to do i have never had to strike a european salt water bass . just my opinion

1 - 7 of 7 Posts