World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chaps,
am out of Weymouth on Saturday on a lure only comp, can anyone give me any idvice on tactics/Lures etc? I was thinking feathers / Sabiki rigs for Macky, Scad, Gar, then some sort of lure for inshore wrecks? Have some sidewinders, will they be ok ? Also targetting bass. need advice on rigs and lures please chaps !!!!

Tight Lines,

Jon:crazy:

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Chaps,
am out of Weymouth on Saturday on a lure only comp, can anyone give me any idvice on tactics/Lures etc? I was thinking feathers / Sabiki rigs for Macky, Scad, Gar, then some sort of lure for inshore wrecks? Have some sidewinders, will they be ok ? Also targetting bass. need advice on rigs and lures please chaps !!!!

Tight Lines,

Jon:crazy:
On a recent Bass trip Savagear sandeels 20cm green were outfishing live joeys/scads/ragworm and sidewinders caught nothing.

They are expensive at £6 for 2 but it might be a good idea to have a couple of packs in your 'arsenal'.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Get a couple of big and I mean BIG Dexter-type lures (look at ebay item # 330343504932), swap the treble for a 4/0 single and try speed jigging with those for bass. Saturday is pretty small tides so you might get away with less than 200 gramme lures

1 - 3 of 3 Posts