World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#000000'>Hi

Any point fishing with lures/saltwater flies in the silty water of the South Wales coast for bass? Or, is it bait only so the fish can smell it?

Normally, I go "west" as I assume because the water is clear, the fish can see the lures/flies (and it works). However, I saw someone fishing a Jelly off Ogmore the other day and I know Eddystone&#39;s rubber eels work off Aberthaw for schoolie bass so I was thinking of trying some lures/flies around Ogmore or similar - what do you think? Would be nice to lure fish more locally.

James</font>

·
Registered
15 Posts
<font color='#000000'>james i was fishing ogmore last night with jelly worms, not much luck but i have had plent of luck with jointed lures in the dark waters, mostly off the rocks around the porthcawl area, flies are brilliant in ogmore in the hight of summer , end july, start august, loads of fish about last night could see plenty of mullet an &nbsp;bass up an down the river, but i think maybie most were pre occupied with the maddies and peelers. tight lines ross</font>

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
<font color='#000000'>Definitely worth a try. Lures with rattles will send out lots of vibrations, and dark flies which will give a strong silhouette for the fish to home in on. Could even try glue on googly eyes which will add a bit of rattle.</font>

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<font color='#000000'>Thanks boys, like the rattle and black flies idea, I have some of those.

Off to Pembrokeshire this weekend with the fly rod but will try local next week.

Tight lines&#33;

James</font>

·
Registered
15 Posts
<font color='#000000'>i fished ogmore again last night; and cought nothing. it was like every fish had dissapeered no jumping or movement on the water the place was dead, tried lures,flies and bait.</font>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts