World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just returned from a nice day out with the little one, took him to see thomas the tank at Lydney forest railway. On the way back I stopped in at Lydney Harbour. I was wondering if anyone has ever fished here before and what you caught?

Also got a chance to take my first good look at Beachley, there was a guy fishing next to the bridge using Berkley gulp ragworm suprisingly he hadn't caught anything...

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hi mate, been there myself with kids, always manage to when tide out,VERY DEEP!. Also thought about fishing it, would only expect eels maybe mullet in summer, but who knows, as for beachly winter ok for cod, summer for eels and conger.
i've fished to the left of slipway on a bit of pebble beach a few years ago only a small eel, i think thats the limit for any good fish due to the fresh water in Wye.
The other side below Aust services is ok in winter for cod.

P.S will check out to see if Bass and mullet are about at the location i told you about last year in Caldicot, let you know then may meet up?

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi mate, been there myself with kids, always manage to when tide out,VERY DEEP!. Also thought about fishing it, would only expect eels maybe mullet in summer, but who knows, as for beachly winter ok for cod, summer for eels and conger.
i've fished to the left of slipway on a bit of pebble beach a few years ago only a small eel, i think thats the limit for any good fish due to the fresh water in Wye.
The other side below Aust services is ok in winter for cod.

P.S will check out to see if Bass and mullet are about at the location i told you about last year in Caldicot, let you know then may meet up?
Thanks for the help m8, keep me informed on the mark in Caldicot and we'll sort out a sesh.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Hi elpz,
There's a good all round mark about a mile upstream from the bridge called Sedbury Cliffs.
Its good for Schoolies, eels and flounders in the summer and whiting and small Codling in the winter.
It's a comfortable place to fish between 11.0 and 13.5M tides from a grass ledge.
There are strange tide movements so a 6oz grip lead is in order.
I've never fished Lydney but I know there is a fierce tide rip, so a lower tide might be better.
If you need any directions to Sedbury Cliffs send me an e-mail before you go.
Cheers,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts