World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Century Kompressor Super Sports, Penn Mags, Sloshes
3,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got back from a short fishing break in the peaceful and perfect lydstep haven with my mate scott.

friday.
the first mark we planned to fish was the beach in front of the caravan site in the night tide with macky and sandeel fishing pennel rigs and flappers with the other on the light rod..... after a few hours in the daylighht with no bites and the sun setting the bites started to come thick and fast with me having 4 doggies and scott blanking but with missed bites and dropped fish by both of us.......
we also tried feathering and spinning red gills..... but with no luck....... i also managed a doggie on the carp rod fishing 20 yards out..... i was amaxed when i saw the bite as i thought it might of been a bass but later turned out to be the doggie......

saturday.
after a short visit to tenby friday night we booked a boat trip aboard a tourist fishing boat 'summertime' macky bashing. we boarded the boat at 11:30 am allowing the group before us off with there macky so expectations were high. we steamed out to a number of different marks off tenby and around caldy island with no luck with the exception of another group managing 2 macky's and scott on the last drop of a certain mark 2 macky's again. as it was time to go we headed in, we then visited the tackle shops in the hunt for some bargains.... just goes to show how quickly a big shoal of mackerel move on in a matter of 5 minutes.....
we decided to try some spinning with redgills and feathering on the point to the left hand side of the beach in the sloped ledges but no luck with no fish caught but a couple of takes but nothing too it. all we caught was the sun........... lol.
after going into tenby town and into the tackle shop we were notified of a comp on in the night at the beach so with our knowledge of knowing fish being there we got there for 6:00 start and fished right throughout the evening till 10pm with me having 3 doggies including a double shot and scott having a doggie of 1lb 11oz. we only were allowed to weight our biggest fish in soi scott finished second and me third of fourth with a doggie of 1lb 7oz. we both dropped fish and missed bites again so was a pleasant evening on the beach again.

sunday.
we decided to head out early to fish the flat rocky ledges on the right hand side of the point with the great and very helpful detailed info from IHW, ROB 100 AND CODKING - thanks guys!! we both put big baits on the beachcasters looking for eels and maybe a huss if we were lucky and the other either spinning or floating. with no luck on the big rods with the exception of a small spider crab for scott we managed nothing. i tried floating sandeel on the bottom which produced the float shooting under into the depths with a good fish on and after a few head shaking and hairy moments the fish took one last huge dive into a deep gulley and all was gone with bait coming in with chunks missing out of it........ bass??? pollack??? we'll never know........ continued on for an hour but with no luck so decided to call it a day as the rain starting to come down and was getting slightly heavier by the minute.....
as the rain stopped for an hour or so we decided to have a few hours feathering on the beach before it got too dark but with no luck.........

monday.
with a few hours left to go before we set home we only had time for some feathering so again we tried the beach and the rocks to the right hand side but with no luck.......
as it was time to go we headed out the caravan site to head home leaving lovely lydstep as it was.......
overall a fantastic weekend with some nice new marks to try..... will have to rey again some other time later in the year when the macks are properly in and more of the summer species......
tight lines and all the best,
steffyenck.

SOME PHOTOS TAKEN OF THE WEEKND BEFORE THE BATTERY RAN OUT SATURDAY NIGHT.... DOH!!!!

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
:clap3: well done steff,fish may have not played but you tried and enjoyed:clap3: all that matters. cracking report again.:clap3: :clap3:

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
good report mate, shame you didn't bag a few more fish, but at least you had a good time!!!!

·
Registered
Century Kompressor Super Sports, Penn Mags, Sloshes
3,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah i had a fantstic time even though the fishing was poor.....
as long as you enjoy it thats all that counts really..........
have added more piccies......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts