World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a weekend camping near Lyme Regis and to be honest I have never thought of fishing around the area before as Chesil is so close but this time I would like to try a few new marks out. I have heard that Charmouth can be ok for Bass but that is all I know, anyone got any suggestions?

I would love to catch a Bass on a spinner.. :unsure:

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
have a look at Lyme Bay on my blog, Small eyed ray are caught from Charmouth, out to the left by or past the latest landslip. Huss from Monmouth beach. Some big bass to big baits from Charmouth also.

·
Registered
89 Posts
have a look at Lyme Bay on my blog, Small eyed ray are caught from Charmouth, out to the left by or past the latest landslip. Huss from Monmouth beach. Some big bass to big baits from Charmouth also.
Bagstar, we need some of that mate especially a Huss! we will definatly have to check it out!

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On my way down there this afternoon, I will report back with my findings!! :)

Hope I manage a Bull Huss because I hate losing loads of tackle fishing rough ground for nowt. Think I will have to dig out my rotten bottom clips.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Another rough ground mark for huss is St Gabriels, to the east of Charmouth; reached via Morecombelake. I've never fished it but it does produce the goods. I'm told there is a ladder down to the beach.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all
i dont get chance to do much sea fishing and i know this is similar to bagstars post and i do apologise for that. i have a week booked in lyme regis soon and would aprieciate any advice on what species are in the area at the moment any rigs bait or tactics to try and where is best in the area. i know this is a big ask but im sure that someone out there must know this area well and hopefully wont mind passing on a few secrets.

thank Andy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts