World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, well where do I start.............Headed off to the MOG yesterday morning, went & picked up my 2 fishing buddies around 8am, got the gear loaded into the van & thought reault every ones on time & no hangovers.............This is where I was sooooo wrong!

One of the lads blurted out "is it alrite if ma mate Ronnie comes aswell, it`ll cut the cost down a bit on the fuel & bait" after a pause & a stutter from me, he then came away with "he`s dead keen on the fishing & I told him we would pick him up at 8.30 ish". So with a bit of thought I agreed & went to pick him up........No sign of him.......had to get him out of his bed & when the ROCKET MAN finally stumbled out the door we were politely greeted with "fur ****sake man a`v only a hrs sleep" BRILLIANT HERE WE GO, so with nae gear & nae idea (exept for a case of lager & a dozen ciders) he was poured into the van & off we went.

Arrived at the bay near the lighthouse a few hrs later with sore ears & a thumper of a head oh & the ROCKET MAN in tow.......still drinking!!
We then set off to our chosen mark hoping that the RM would take a header down one of the rock faces, how he didnt is beyond me, anyway tranquility returned when RM fell asleep so on with the fishing.....a mixed bag for me Wrasse, Pollack, Mackie, Coalie & a Wever fish, nothing was big & the action wasn`t all that fast & all of the fish were ruturned, unfortunatly no piccies this time as the shutter on my phone was stuck............oh no RM`s now awake.

Packed up my gear & headed back to the van for a cuppa, I was toying with the idea of heading home but didnt want to ruin the others night. There was another few groups there aswell all fishing so the banter was quite good with them, saw On yer Marks & On yer Marks Too coming ashore, I was going to say hello but by this time Retarded Ronnie was on it again so I was too embaressed (if your reading, he was the one slabbering about the line) anyway I fished the beach at night with a spot on guy called Chris & between us we had Doggies & Wrasse but to my horror this other guy (who was part of a different group) appered & caught a few dogs & was ripping the guts out of the fish to retrieve his hook..........dunno what time he fished to but the beach was littered with dead dogs this morning & it looked like the council had tipped a bin lorry of glass on the beach, total & utter muppet.

I could go on for another 4 chapters, but I`m KO`d as the music was blasting most of the night, infact I have dubbed it "T" in the MULL..........Disaster Zone!

·
Registered
14,635 Posts
You get them everywhere you were unlucky to have had a start with taking your own with you . o and well done on the fish.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Yeah as Matthew said there was at least 5 dead dogs with either no head or slit right up the stomach...... Poor show :nono: I also agree 100% he needs to get bins down there it is getting in a right mess. He charges £3 for camping and £3 to launch your boat, Very friendly chap though.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah as Matthew said there was at least 5 dead dogs with either no head or slit right up the stomach...... Poor show :nono: I also agree 100% he needs to get bins down there it is getting in a right mess. He charges £3 for camping and £3 to launch your boat, Very friendly chap though.

I dont mind paying for my stay & yes a few bins would be good, however the doggie basher would probably slit there guts, throw them in the bin & set it on fire......it just really bugs me that these retards have no respect for what is on the end of there line or anything else for that matter!

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Sorry but if it were me i would a took one look at him and said NO!! It's idiots like him that can ruin your day with all their carry-on and talking crap

·
The Lead Legend
4,710 Posts
do you meen east tarbet cwill?

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Thats so unlucky craig _ what could have been a good session turned out to be a nightmare because of a couple of biffs.
Times you were heading to B/island for a relaxing day at the breakie mate...

·
Freeloader
6,660 Posts
is it like it down there all the time
thats the bit by the cattle grid yeah i was hopeing for couple of days next week

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Yes well erm, the Ordanance Survey has now listed the area as King Tutts Wah Wha MOG:punk::drunk:
It's also known as " Buckfast Bay " :yeah:

·
Registered
962 Posts
Quite frankly it was bloody disgraceful. I thought the days of killing fish to retrieve a 10p hook was long gone. The beer bottles will end up leaving broken glass everywhere. If the antis every need any ammo to ban angling then this would be enough.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quite frankly it was bloody disgraceful. I thought the days of killing fish to retrieve a 10p hook was long gone. The beer bottles will end up leaving broken glass everywhere. If the antis every need any ammo to ban angling then this would be enough.
I agree with you 100% Ian, these people are total & utter spoilers.......and I was stupid enough to take one of them with me.........never again tho!:hammer:

Adeys, the farmer will come down and see you for the cash.

·
Registered
818 Posts
It was a horrible sight seeing all those dead doggies lying scattered across the beach, even more so the ones with the heads missing...........what was the reason for that????

I even seen a dog dig up another 3 that had been burried in the sand.
As I was launching the boat at first I thought that dogfish is rather close into the shore, walked up to it and it never moved, grabbed it and couldnt believe it, rigor mortiss had set and it was like stone. looked at thought it was a stuffed ornament.

Even then all the children playing on the beach and water were picking them up and chasing th others with them. Rather minging lol!!!

Oh aye and cheers gordon for skelping me with that flying dogfish haha

1 - 20 of 22 Posts