World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taking my mate fishing down the mull on friday , he has never been fishing before , and i was wondering where on the mull would be best to catch pollack and maybe a chance of a bass , i have been down the end of the mull but was thinking about trying between portpatrick and port logan area's , any suggestions would be most appreciated ,cheers
nick

·
Specimen Hunter
3,276 Posts
I would try the flat rock its on the east side after east tarbet, its easy to fish it but can be hard to find if you dont know where it is, going pollock there at low water can be very snaggy as there are big rocks at the waters edge, take sandeel, mackeral, squid, spinners and floats,

hope that helps

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have tried fishing east and west bay's , but never tried the flat rock as i do not know where it is , was looking to find somewhere to fish and also somewhere to put up tent near to where we will be fishing .

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Fished on Friday with Tickety boo from his boat,out of Port Lgan and most of our fishing was well inshore, often within casting range, yet it was poor, lots of wee gurnards, wee dab, wee plaice, everything wee except a couple of decent ballans caught by Tickety. Same from Isle of Whithorn and Kirkcudbright marks, for shore rods.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts