World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
Currently looking to get a new pair of rods which can be used all round the Bristol channel, I currently use Veals channel specials which I've had for about 18 months now and I love them, but I'm after a pair i can use in norway aswell as the channel.
I'm torn between m4gts and primo synchro?
I've cast both and like them both but prefer the m4gt
Any advise would be brilliant
Cheers

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Get the m4gt if you prefer it. Both will do the job, I loved my primos. I'm yet to try an m4gt but own an m4evo. If I could have a better tip then a synchro, with the power of my m4evo it would be ideal- which is where the m4gt fits I believe

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Hi guys,
Currently looking to get a new pair of rods which can be used all round the Bristol channel, I currently use Veals channel specials which I've had for about 18 months now and I love them, but I'm after a pair i can use in norway aswell as the channel.
I'm torn between m4gts and primo synchro?
I've cast both and like them both but prefer the m4gt
Any advise would be brilliant
Cheers
Hi Ben,
Channel Specials would be fine for Norway. Dont think there would be much difference in power between these and the m4gts. The current Channel Specials are certainly more powerful than the Synchro and has a better tip.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I fish all over the Bristol Channel, and currently use a pair of M4GT's
My mate does the same and uses a pair of Primo Synchro's
The point is get what you feel comfortable with, in saying that my other mate uses a T900 and swears by it, you ask a 100 anglers and you'll get a 100 different answers

·
Registered
938 Posts
Try the Evolution CT as well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your info guys
When in norway (bodo) I've been told i need to use 7/8oz leads at times when halibut fishing. This year is my first trip but I plan on going every year now so I was after a pair of rods that would cope with the channel and norway really.
I don't think my channel specials would cope with a 8oz lead nor would the evolution ct' s as I did like the look of them. The M4GTs sound like the way to go as the bite detection is most important for me.
Thanks again
Ben

·
Registered
128 Posts
Your not belting the leads out in Bodo, my TTSMs managed and they are extremely close to a channel special which I've also owned. Channel specials will be fine.

Problem with going to Norway is you tend to look too much into it, I couldn't make my mind up over my super matches or Lt bullets. I made the right choice in the TTSMs IMO.

Tight lines though whatever rods you use, you'll love it there.

·
The Cod Obsessed one.
15,553 Posts
I would go for the synchro. I hate glass tipped rods, nasty to cast, so that rules out the M4gt.

G

·
are you going with John Strange (Guided Fishing Norway) ? The reason i ask is because I know he rents out T900's and either Bullet GT's or M4's (I can't remember exactly which Zzipy) but, if economical it may save you taking a rod tube and you could try a couple of options.
7oz and a big bait is pretty standard in those fast tides.

Cheer

Chris

1 - 11 of 11 Posts