World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive got brand new pair of m4gt thinking of getting a pair of century t900. just wondering what other people on here think which are the better of the two.if its the t900 i will sell the m4gts cheers lads.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Personally I'd keep the M4GTs, but that's just me having replaced all my Century rods for Zziplex a few years back, and now I'm using FS rods from the continent (not floppy sticks mind). I found most century blanks to be heavier than the Zziplexes with similar power.

·
Registered
938 Posts
The T900 and M4 GT both have great tips, I personally found the T900 felt heavy after a while, this maybe due to its length or 900g in weight. Both rods will handle 200g & bait. The M4 GT does need a good casting technique to get the best out of it. I swapped my T900 for the T800 and still have an M4gt. I personally prefer the Bullet GT to the T900 due to its light weight, although the longer tip can be a pain

·
Registered
202 Posts
I have an M4GT and two T800's. Here's my two pennies worth. The top of the tip on the M4 is slightly softer than the 800's but the mid section of the M4 is stiffer than the mid section of the 800's. I find the 800's easier to cast with than the M4 I think they are slightly more forgiving. The 800's feel slightly stiffer in use to the M4 but I think that is just down to the softer top of the tip on the M4 as I've had Bull Huss up to 10lb on the M4 and it handled that very easily plenty more left in it. I know you have mentioned the 900 I think that is a much stiffer rod than the M4. The M4 GT is a fantastic rod and I think you would regret getting rid of them. The 900 is over 14ft long much longer than the M4. This is only my view on it. I love my M4 GT and my T800's.

·
Registered
938 Posts
M4 gt&T900 soaking up the tide

·
Banned
2,351 Posts
I had the same little debate with myself yesterday. Only I was comparing the M4GT with the T800 which I think is a fairer comparison.

I ordered the T800 as it just felt like the better choice and I have never owned a Century. Neither is likely to be a bad rod and both will resell easily if I have it wrong.

Now I cant wait for the postman to arrive, I am like a kid at Christmas. Plus, when my casting improves enough I can still order an M4 evo.

I really liked the look of the T900 I saw at Kent Sportscast last weekend but it is too much rod for me at the minute and, I think, too much rod for fishing in all but the roughest conditions in Kent.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Having owned many Zziplex and century rods I was very disappointed with the T900 it is 14 ft 4 but weighs 960gms
Which for me being a mere 15 stone and 6ft 2 felt very very heavy using high swing I certainly felt it the next day
Bringing in weed with the reel low became a struggle by the end of a six hour session.
The tip on the t900 is superb for bite detection.
I now use a bullet hiflex which has a tip as good as the t900 but is by far a easier rod to use.
I much prefer the t800 over the m4gt...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts