World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had an hour on the pilot pier today but had no joy and neither did anyone else but i think i will have another bash on thursday and try my luck.

·
Registered
11,286 Posts
there isnt any mackerel anywhere in the town at the moment.

the seas have been up and the water is coloured. it will take a few days for it to clear enough.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I remember when i was a lad we used to go fishing off the pilot for mackeral and the old boys used to hammer them on floats.
Thats over 30 years ago.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
like i say i had a spare hour so thought i would hae a pop first outing just hope i can get out again
i was talking to a mate who stayed on for a couple of hours after an had one more

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
I had mackeral on tuesday ...................however I was fishing Chesil Beach . Having said that , the sea was VERY rough too . Apart from mackeral (During the day) there was only one other fish I saw get caught and that was a black bream , caught by WSF member Gordfish .

Roll on friday morning 4am start :clap2::fishing:

Another day another venue :clap3:

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Now thats a beach at Chesil. We were boat fishing off it last year. Remember lads fishing from the beach were sunbathing. One lad on the boat caught a big red gurnard. Black Bream are also very popular and also very nice to eat.

Mick.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Aye they might have been sun bathing last year , or even today for that matter . But Tuesday was like a windy winters day on the end of the Heugh , blowing a bloody hooly . The tripod stayed up though .

Off to a shhh , secret mark in the morning :secret:
To have a go for bass , the only thing down here is ,everywhere is a mile walk . My legs wouldn't bend after walking along that beach . Then there's the up and down every time you chuck out . I'll tell you what chaps , we have it easy up here in the old North East . Fish from your car on loads of marks :wheelchai

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Lazy sod Graeme, whats a mile to a young fit chap like you lol.
Good luck tomorrow.

Aye they might have been sun bathing last year , or even today for that matter . But Tuesday was like a windy winters day on the end of the Heugh , blowing a bloody hooly . The tripod stayed up though .

Off to a shhh , secret mark in the morning :secret:
To have a go for bass , the only thing down here is ,everywhere is a mile walk . My legs wouldn't bend after walking along that beach . Then there's the up and down every time you chuck out . I'll tell you what chaps , we have it easy up here in the old North East . Fish from your car on loads of marks :wheelchai

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Lazy sod Graeme, whats a mile to a young fit chap like you lol.
Good luck tomorrow.
A mile Bob is nothing :showoff:, its the mile on the pebbles or the rocks or (please no) the cliffs :wheelchai

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
had a drive along the headlad earlyer on lads blowing a gale frezzing cold and the sea rough as out i dont think anyone would have being out long tonight hopefully the rough sea will push them back in resulting in some big numbers fingers crossed eh

G

·
had a drive along the headlad earlyer on lads blowing a gale frezzing cold and the sea rough as out i dont think anyone would have being out long tonight hopefully the rough sea will push them back in resulting in some big numbers fingers crossed eh
the rough sea will do exactly the opposite!!!

they dont like dirty water so will move offshore.

·
Registered
11,286 Posts
i went on steetly thursday night:headhurt:

the sea was big, the wind was getting stronger all the time and it lashed down.

i was only after whiting but didnt get a single bite in 2 hours.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Nice to see im in good company Bill, although i went a bit longer than that yesterday.

i went on steetly thursday night:headhurt:

the sea was big, the wind was getting stronger all the time and it lashed down.

i was only after whiting but didnt get a single bite in 2 hours.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Summer never happened, forget it guys and get your shock leaders ready, its gonna be winter before you know it !!

SOON BE XMAS :doh:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts