World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well after reading Oldman Kirky's post fishing over high off old Burry port habour and talking to Dan Boulton about the high water marks around this area that are not fished or maybe not reported on, thought I would kick back the clock 15 yrs and give Machynys a crack with my left over bait being a high water mark. The water reached the sand breakers one and a half hour before high as I remembered it, wind was flat out in my face and the surf spray played hell on my eyes, first cast nice little bass of maybe 1lb 3 more and couple of smaller ones and a slimy silver eel of about 2 ft no pics on this had a job touching any thing after that ,all in all feckin enjoyed ,couple of pics for you guys and gals and Butch in between :BigGrin:

Attachments

·
Registered
548 Posts
Nice one Mal. Just looking at your pics showing the views takes me back a few years and good to hear that you enjoyed fishing it again after all this time. It's got to have potential on the right tides Mal. Well done on having a go mate. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
227 Posts
Nice report Mal, I'm local give me a shout sometime , we l have a bash together,
Regading eels hate them myself, I carry newspaper in boc and use that to get hold of the slimy things

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Nice report Mal, I'm local give me a shout sometime , we l have a bash together,
Regading eels hate them myself, I carry newspaper in boc and use that to get hold of the slimy things
Yes pal will like that always more fun with two , baits I had left over were sand eel mud rack and lug and managed to get a couple of softies when waiting for the tide ,did not touch the mud rag or sand eel, lug and grab seem to go down well though will pm you or you can pm me next time you got something in mind.

G

·
Excellent report and pictures mal!

I wanted to put a smiley as well as g c r;)

I've fished there over low couple times..out by the wall is it?!
Never over high tho!...looks a great mark!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Fished the wall once only, very dangers place i thought so many places that you can get cut off in a very short time lol

G

·
On my bucket list we done it last november for bass and flounder with a suprise 3lb baby tope and a 2lb eel too!
Fished out there around 2 hours down and a couple hours up..4 of us 1 rod each with 3 hooks..bites galore to be fair..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts