World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys went to port logan in the hope of some pollack ,arrived a bit late for high tide but were happy to get 5 between 2 of us the best about 3lb but amazed to hear the mackies have arrived early not in great numbers but starting to show already good signs i hope maybe the tope will show early too i also checked out the new slip at ardwell need a bit of clearing before any launching ,rocks everywhere cheers :clap3: :clap2:

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wee caught pollack, sorry for the mix up the reports of the mackies were from ardwell marine he said some boats were starting to catch them

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
I got a mackerel last week off my boat in Luce bay and heard a bloke had a few off the end of the Mull spinning. Good few pollack to 4-5lb around at the moment, plus a lot of coalies. I had 28 coalies one day last week up to 2lb with most been over a pund very close in to the rocks over by Port Gill. They were coming on everything from Hokkais, to jellies and even spinners. Roll on the Tope, i think the first run of smaller male pack Tope will be in in the next fortnight or so, hopefully.

·
Registered
818 Posts
funnily enough I was down greenock yesterday just for a drive and there was a guy sitting out in his boat just tied to a mooring maybe 50yards out and he brought up a full string of mackeral, I counted 4! It can only be mackeral as there is no other really silvery fish around that jump on feathers like this. Then his mate in the boat was spinning and he brought another of the same type of fish in.

Having been fishing for 15 years and catchoing them for 15years I know mackeral when I see them so......

With the mild winter, great weather wth sunny days, water temp being quite high and this year in particular a good number of mackeral being caught all throughout the winter from different lochs Id say the mackeral are not far off from coming in.

Good sign there are a few in the clyde this early!!!

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
its unusual right enough but its been bordering on happening for years ive cought mackerel from furnace and etive late on in november and this year a first seen macky cought at fort william ind loch fyne in february the unuasal weather patterns too must be stirring it up down in the depths next thing we will be catching tuna fae gourock pier i say bring it on

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
just stocked up on some from asda and now the swines turn up ,lol well yah gotta laugh
mind you i did see diving birds and a massive shoal of eels in ayr harbour last night a fine mesh drop net wouldve landed a fair bit of bait

·
Banned
400 Posts
im going hunting for them tomorrow at rhu narrows. thats a good spot may-sept but ive heard there are a few moving around there already.

'mon the global warming!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts