World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from hols down pembroke, stayed on caravan site in trevine, between fishguard and st davids, fished mainly for Mackeral down the quarry in porthgain, caught loads down there, only problem this year some inconsiderate local fisherman had put down crab pots right in front of where we fish, all that coast line and he had to put them there, it's difficult to find easy access to fish on the coast without these people messing it up for us :nono:, anyway we managed just about, also caught 2 small bass, 1 rockling, 3 wrasse all returned and no dogies, so not bad, also fished the lighthouse jetty in goodwick but only caught 6 doggies which were small so returned them as well. All in all a great holiday, looking forward to fishing closer to home now.:fishing1:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very quiet, no one about, Fished thursday night until 2.00am that's when i got the bass, rough water, pretty breezy, kept down low with light tackle and dexter wedge on the left hand side off the front rocks casting across the inlet. loads of mackeral though all week. Yes my favourite place to fish aswell. I fancy trying a float next time on the right hand side around the corner a bit more sheltered there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts