World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

Anyone got a relatively simple recipe for Mackerel Pate?

Cheers
Jolz

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I have one will post it for you soon bit busy till next week! using half fat creme fresh no point in wasting good oils with to much cholesterol with cream and butterl! and tastes just as good and will still degrease the old pipes at the same time.
Andy

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
I usually make smoked mackeral pate but i see no reason why it shouldn't work as well with fresh ones.
First of all you need to remove the skin while still hot after cooking them,best to grill i think.
Turn skin side up and put a fork under the tail end and work it just like the keys on tins of corned beef until you reach the widest bit.
Turn over and take a smany of the bones out as possible
Then cut away the dark flesh so that you have the prime fillets,probably the cat will be waiting in anticipation yum yum
Break the flesh in a bowl and add some freshly ground black pepper ,some lemon or lime juice( fresh is best ) and for me,the key ingredient is horseradish sauce to taste.
Mash it all together and chill for a couple of hours in the fridge then enjoy Dave H

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers for the replies guys. I'm going fishing in a bit so will hopefully have some fresh mackerel to try it out with. That was one of my concerns because all of the recipes I seen involved smoked mackerel and I don't have a smoker

I might do an experiment and make 2 batches. 1 fresh and 1 smoked mackie from the shops

Thanks for the replies

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Cheers for the replies guys. I'm going fishing in a bit so will hopefully have some fresh mackerel to try it out with. That was one of my concerns because all of the recipes I seen involved smoked mackerel and I don't have a smoker

I might do an experiment and make 2 batches. 1 fresh and 1 smoked mackie from the shops

Thanks for the replies
sorry never relised you ment just mackeral pate doh.
Andy

·
Registered
9,541 Posts
Smoked mackerel pate recipe here - the result will depend on how good the smoked mackerel is though

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
A really simple way is to cook fresh mackerel and let it cool, get the flesh off.

Then put it in a blender with butter, lemon joice, handful of parsley and zap it.

Yum!

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
A really simple way is to cook fresh mackerel and let it cool, get the flesh off.

Then put it in a blender with butter, lemon joice, handful of parsley and zap it.

Yum!
That's the way I do mine - I can't emphasise the importance of the freshness part - fresh mackie of course, but more importantly - fresh parsley and a fresh lemon's juice. You may want to add salt and pepper to taste too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts