World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fishing out of Isle of Whithorn (1 July) must admit it is a long way to Isle of Whithorn, four of us on my boat Gypsy Lady caught approximately 60 mackeral of which we kept a dozen or so, I think they were Kami Kasi. Wife ate two for supper brought the rest back. Brilliant time out there and weather perfect. Stayed on a camp site (Burrowhead) just two miles out of Isle of Whithorn going back in a couple of weeks recommend it to anyone, (the fishing and the campsite).

Tommy

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi flattiefanatic yes we could have kept all the catch but too many, we were going to use them for bait for Dog fish but one of the local fisherman was not catching any so we put back what we did not want. We had a great day worth the 320 mile round trip towing the boat and camping overnight. We are from the Morecambe area but have never experienced such a great time as we did at Whithorn. Friendly people willing to help and give advice, especially the harbour master. Definately going back in a few weeks.

·
Registered
408 Posts
With fresh mackeral for bait you should be able to catch a lot more than doggies in that area!! Have a go for pollack and tope!!!! Much , much more fun.
Where did you launch from?
Sounds like you're going to have a ball next time you're there.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi fishforce we launched from the slip at isle of whithorn as before it is a long way to travel but the fishing is rubbish round morcambe bay and barrow as there his a lot of nets in the bay ,cant wait to come back on the 15th of july we are stopping at the same camp site, dont no if you have your own boat but if you are intrested in a trip with my wife and i which is a gypsy you are in, thanks for your info on fishing with bait as we dont no this area yet,cant wait to come back, we were fishing in wigton bay as luce bay was a bit rough,

Tommy and Vicky

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
we will be up at Whithorn on that weekend ,have you got a vhf radio if you have whats your call sign ours is gypsy lady,il give you call to se where you are if you are out

Tommy

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
New Wave sounds great, what slipway do you launch from to go into Luce Bay,can i get round there from Isle of Whitorn if weather is good,is it near portpatrick because we are going there for a day

Thanks Tommy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts