World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks
Went to the South Gare today at 12 to take the dogs for a stretch out, and had a walk to the end of the pier like you do.
Well there were a few kids with there bikes, and some other guys (i think they were polish).
One of the polish guys was using feathers which i thought was a bit premature, but b---r me he had a Mackerel, and then about 40 minutes later another !!.
Seam's a bit early to me, but i saw it with my own eyes.
Has any one else known them arrive this early.
Chris.o_O

·
Registered
AFAW 6 And Bait/4 And Bait 13ft. Abu 6500 TSRi. Akios 757ctm.
131 Posts
Hi Folks
Went to the South Gare today at 12 to take the dogs for a stretch out, and had a walk to the end of the pier like you do.
Well there were a few kids with there bikes, and some other guys (i think they were polish).
One of the polish guys was using feathers which i thought was a bit premature, but b---r me he had a Mackerel, and then about 40 minutes later another !!.
Seam's a bit early to me, but i saw it with my own eyes.
Has any one else known them arrive this early.
Chris.o_O
I live further up the coast in Northumberland, but I grew up and fished along the Tyneside coast and I have NEVER seen mackerel this early off the north east coast. Remarkable.

·
Registered
660 Posts
never seen or heard of maccy this early up here though they do appear first at south NE coast marks and work their way up

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
never seen or heard of maccy this early up here though they do appear first at south NE coast marks and work their way up
I was surprised too, my daughter took some pictures on her phone, will ask her for them and how to place them on here, (sorry I'm not a very technical chap).
Chris

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You may be right my friend, i have a boat in the marina and seen a few fish i was not quite sure what they where.
Chris

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
There is a 4.5m swell running . The gare has been under water for the last 48hrs and the water is like chocolate

bit late for an april fools mate .....

·
Registered
11,184 Posts
One was entered in a species hunt a few April’s ago - it was caught in Hartlepool marina. Presumably got trapped in there at some point. Just thinking since it’s pretty much the same area.
When that one was caught i had already dropped a couple off while fishing with lrf gear. When i saw it come off at the surface and told the other "that was a mackerel" i dont think anyone believed me. Half hour later one was caught. Only about 8in long though. They will have got trapped in there during the summer.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Fishing with feathers or daylights this time of year will still turn up coalies if the water is clearish. Would love to see the pics to see what they were catching.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Fishing with feathers or daylights this time of year will still turn up coalies if the water is clearish. Would love to see the pics to see what they were catching.
They were defiantly Mackerel, pictures now up.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
There is a 4.5m swell running . The gare has been under water for the last 48hrs and the water is like chocolate

bit late for an april fools mate .....
I'm sorry if you don't believe me, i stopped writing story's about 50 years ago.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I'm sorry if you don't believe me, i stopped writing story's about 50 years ago.
i dont believe you . That makerel is worse than what ive seen on asdas wet fish counter .

either you have been had on by the polac because ur new to the game ( im not trying to be rude ) or your talking absolute shite. And think people are going to believe you .
Either way i would bet everything i own that makerel was not caught on the south gare on that day .

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i dont believe you . That makerel is worse than what ive seen on asdas wet fish counter .

either you have been had on by the polac because ur new to the game ( im not trying to be rude ) or your talking absolute shite. And think people are going to believe you .
Either way i would bet everything i own that makerel was not caught on the south gare on that day .
My goodness lobster man that's quite a powerful statement you have made.
You say your not trying to be rude, but we must beg to differ on this point.
I went to the south Gare on the 5thApril at approximately 12pm, and as they have now placed new locked gates at the entrance, i went to the left of them, and after approximately 200 feet my dogs, daughter and i came across two chaps, fishing in what i can only describe as quite atrocious conditions.
My daughter first noticed this makeral on a wall and took pictures of it, that was it.
She then walked off with the dogs whilst i sat there for just under an hour.
The chap in a green track suit after some time then caught a second makeral about 30 seconds after the pilot boat went by in shall we say was quite a violent bouncing motion.
Now if you don't believe this I'm most sorry, but how dare you accuse me of making this up, that really is most offensive.
You believe what you wish, to which i DID NOT see this first Mackerel caught, but i did the second.
I can assure you i am not some Dullit you may well of come across before, and assure you my report on here is both honest and true.
Chris, (a little rattled now shall we say)

·
Registered
69 Posts
For what it’s worth, I had a couple of hours at Blyth harbour on Monday and a fella I was chatting with said there had been a few mackerel caught off the pier as well.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts