World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it best to pull the rod from the water to above your head or a sideways pull ?

Also what size weight do you use,last year i used a 2oz but i think it was a little undersize ?

Please comment as this year i would like to catch a few :happy:

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
i usually pull the rod sideways and wind in. also match the weight to the rod, i like to use an 11ft carp rod and a 3oz bomb whilst mackie bashing

·
Registered
182 Posts
Don't want to teach granny to suck eggs but what ever weight you use make sure you got a suitable leader i.e. 10lb bs for every 1oz of weight minimum, I've pulled in umpteen sets of feathers off chesil this year and not one has had a leader attached:doh:, as for the action I've had maccy pulling both ways, side ways and up, found on friday that when using a dexter on the end the feathers were too high in the water so switched to a 4oz lead and let it sink a bit and had 3 first cast seems that some times they like to go a bit deeper, just experiment a bit and if they are there you will find them

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.