World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am wanting to do some mackerel fishing this summer near edinburgh and am looking for suggestions of where is best as I am new to the area.

Cheers in advance

DrDoug

·
Registered
166 Posts
You could try Port Seton, they like the warm water down there.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Thanxs , Sorry didn't get to reply sooner PC was knackered. Are you still having trouble getting to your spot under the bridge because of the G8, as I was going to try and get along there in the near future. :)

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Hi Dode

I went down after the dude told me about the G8 thingy...only this time I took the route from on top of the rocks down..sorta bypassed the gatehouse. still managed to catch some Codling :D

·
Registered
166 Posts
Cheers, may try that, when you say a 'route' does that mean you climb down a rock face or a small slope?

p.s. Notice that your best catch is now a 180lb skate (didn't know you can fish in Deep Seaworld) :D
WELL DONE

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
yeah , take the road up past the gatehouse for about 30-40 mts you will come to an entrance to the old naval signal station (private houses now) if you climb on the wall and walk around it you will see a small gate with steps leading down to an old gun emplacement, I fish to the right of this, you will see the point with some pools next to it. its not to bad a climb down, I made it ok and im an unfit old git ;)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Cheers for the info, passed that way today saw the gun emplacement didn't get a good look as the train was going kind o' fast :eek: . I'm going to try get there next weekend, weather + wife permiting :p

Cheers again

·
Registered
148 Posts
hello dr doug me n my mate wrasse wer out on iz inflatable the other day n the mackies are still ther in big numbers n big sizes every 20 mins a shoal would attack any shiney loures we were putting in we gave up after 50 n started putting them bak !!! great fun !!:clap2: ah got my first pollock which got put bak as only 2 pound loads o small coal fish and 3 cod 2 p 3p 4pound wrasse got biggest at 6 pound !!

·
Registered
14,636 Posts
hello dr doug me n my mate wrasse wer out on iz inflatable the other day n the mackies are still ther in big numbers n big sizes every 20 mins a shoal would attack any shiney loures we were putting in we gave up after 50 n started putting them bak !!! great fun !!:clap2: ah got my first pollock which got put bak as only 2 pound loads o small coal fish and 3 cod 2 p 3p 4pound wrasse got biggest at 6 pound !!
Thats a big wrasse at 6lb!!!

·
Registered
148 Posts
kendo wra55e woz the fisher the 6pound fish woz a cod !! but you new that eh or wiz it ma crap typing that thro you ha :g::g:

·
Registered
3 Posts
is there still shore fishing with feathers for mackerel going on round dunbar/north berwick direction? have been tryin cockenzie and granton and gettin nothin, any advice? cheers

1 - 16 of 16 Posts