World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just abit info on Mackerel,how far do them come in just want to takes kids for them,but all the piers get full that time of year so any good spots for kids to try,cheers

or would it be better to get there sunrise lol:notworthy

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
just abit info on Mackerel,how far do them come in just want to takes kids for them,but all the piers get full that time of year so any good spots for kids to try,cheers

or would it be better to get there sunrise lol:notworthy
As you say ,the piers are the better spots for the mackerel , but get there as early as you can , most of the north east piers will produce mackerel when they are in .
Excellent sport on the float.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I like the heugh for mackeral, but its a little dangerous. So if you wanna take your kids i would go to middleton its alot safer for them... Like pestguard said great fish to catch on a float, its my favourite way to catch them.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Not fished for them in North East, but had a lot from Norfolk last year. Early morning and late evening the best times, especially when they co-incide with high water. Spent a lot of time after them last year, fishing for bass during the night and staying up for the mackerel, very enjoyable with no one else about. By contrast, fishing for them in the daytime with a lot of people about was probably the worst possible fishing experience. Brings out the worst in a lot of people when its like that.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Like Brian ( pestguard1) said get there as early as you can, I get on the south-gare about 4am when it's quiet, but anytime after 10am...... all the smack-heads start off with their "Backward Way Of Fishing" :yucky: I've had a few arguments with them :boxing:

·
Registered
11,553 Posts
go to any pier in the northeast, best just as it gets light. i get there waiting for it to get light and you will get an hours hectic sport. around 7 the fishing slows for some reson but thats when the idiots start to turn up.

i take my daughter with me. we usually leave by 6.30. turn up at that time and you will have missed the best of the fishing.

i wont fish for them during the day especially the evening tides. these are the buisiest times and when all the idiots are out in force. the northgare can be quiet because of its location and access but it can be hit and miss.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Also rainy days help. I bagged all my winter bait in 3 hours of blyth pier using single spinner and then switched to float when i had a good few. Only me and 2 other blokes on (real fisherman aswell no idiots). However in the summer must be carefull theres no thunder and lightning forecast if its raining.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
try the north gare less seals and chance of a bass and loads of room bit of a walk tho from the car about 15 mins or so but can be a nice walk on a early summer morning i'll be going there me self in a month or so may be earlier if the weather keeps up, to get a few hours in before work.:clap2:

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
I like the North Gare for macky. The smack-rats don't get up there so much, just got to watch for them nicking your motor. I find its best to park up at the Zinc works and walk down and along the beach. I sometimes like to fish Greatham Creek aswell for the flounder. You can get bass there at times aswell as the odd few coalies and pin whitting. Seen people mullet fishing there too, one lad had a good one which looked over 4lb from near the outlet pipe. For the best sport use a carp rod or light spinning rod with either a single spinner, float or a set of feathers cut down to just one or two hooks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts