World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was told last night that the boats off sunderland are getting loads of mackerel not too far off.
anyone else heard out.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Hi Bill, havnt heard anything but fished the Heugh Tuesday night from 6pm and the water was like Gin. Couldnt believe how quickly it had cleared. There were 2 lads on the LH corner down on the block spinning but wernt getting anything. We were really there cos Robbie my mate had got a Tip Tornado Lite and wanted to try it out. Just a few Dabs but nice to be out.

Cheers. Bob.

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Bill, havnt heard anything but fished the Heugh Tuesday night from 6pm and the water was like Gin. Couldnt believe how quickly it had cleared. There were 2 lads on the LH corner down on the block spinning but wernt getting anything. We were really there cos Robbie my mate had got a Tip Tornado Lite and wanted to try it out. Just a few Dabs but nice to be out.

Cheers. Bob.
bet he loved using that rod for the dabs. he will have felt every tug through it while reeling in. much better than those stiff winter rods.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
I had hold of it & i reckon i could use that for 90% of my fishing Bill. He certainly liked it. He also got a CM Crest a couple of Months ago, whilst being a Rough ground Rod, it has a lot more action than the Apollos hes used to. He is besotted with it. Lot more feel and shows the smallest of bites.

bet he loved using that rod for the dabs. he will have felt every tug through it while reeling in. much better than those stiff winter rods.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Once the mackeral are the worst of anglers come out:schmoll:

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Bob C was it you and your mate Robbie i saw on the Banjo pier that time and one of you said you were thinking of getting a T/T Lite and had a hold of mine? It was about five weeks back and it was blowing a hooly. How does he find the rod as it is my favourite rod for summer fishing, although i use it in winter for whties and dab if the weather is good enough. The T/T Lite and the Shakey Odessa Bass is about all i use for beachcasting in the summer months. Beautifully slim blank and thin tip, yet it will OTG cast 5oz with ease and has enough power through the blank to apply when a decent fish is hooked. If you don't have one i bet you want one now!

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Was this the 13' rod or the 11'10'. I got the 11'10'' rod as sometimes i fish venues where a longer rod is harder to use, it also keeps out the wind more at times which is handy.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
I was told today that macky are 2 miles off the grove :clap3:

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
No not me mate. Havnt been on the Banjo in Donkeys years. Hes well chuffed with the Rod though, apart from on close inspection he realised it has odd rings on!! Two are different from the rest and one is whipped in the wrong order. Got it new from Spotty as well. Not what is expected of a Century Rod. Hes took it back and asked for a replacement now.

Bob C was it you and your mate Robbie i saw on the Banjo pier that time and one of you said you were thinking of getting a T/T Lite and had a hold of mine? It was about five weeks back and it was blowing a hooly. How does he find the rod as it is my favourite rod for summer fishing, although i use it in winter for whties and dab if the weather is good enough. The T/T Lite and the Shakey Odessa Bass is about all i use for beachcasting in the summer months. Beautifully slim blank and thin tip, yet it will OTG cast 5oz with ease and has enough power through the blank to apply when a decent fish is hooked. If you don't have one i bet you want one now!

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I was on the pier Mon 23/04/07. Took my new spinning rod and reel and gave it a whirl.
No luck spinning off the end corner.
Put the float on and got a couple of small coalies on rag.

The water was clear as crystal as the tide came in. I could not see any sprats. But the way the sea is looking i bet its only a matter of weeks if not days something turns up.

Mick-the big lad in the orange suit.

ps.

Bob was that you there on Monday. With a young lad trying out new rod and reel. I thought it was a mag but it was,nt. The other guy (if it was you)had a green abu 6500 .

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
speaking to a few lads who take parties out from hartlepool and the buzz is there are lots of mackerel all along our coast and not far out.

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
latest reports are there was one off the heugh the other day, a lad caught it while fishing on the bottom. also one recently off roker.

if your fishing on the bottom around now its a good idea to put a large floating bead or peice of cork just above your top hook and bait with a stip of squid or mackerel. when they first arrive they are usually caught off the bottom and this method will usually get you a few early ones.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Hi Mick, must have been me. I was using my Green Abu reel and my mate was trying out a new Rod, but it was Tuesday night im sure.There was a guy using a float off RH corner and then moved to the top level further down, must have been you. Nice to place another face off WSF.

I was on the pier Mon 23/04/07. Took my new spinning rod and reel and gave it a whirl.
No luck spinning off the end corner.
Put the float on and got a couple of small coalies on rag.

The water was clear as crystal as the tide came in. I could not see any sprats. But the way the sea is looking i bet its only a matter of weeks if not days something turns up.

Mick-the big lad in the orange suit.

ps.

Bob was that you there on Monday. With a young lad trying out new rod and reel. I thought it was a mag but it was,nt. The other guy (if it was you)had a green abu 6500 .

1 - 19 of 19 Posts