World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any signs of them out and about yet of pwllheli or trefor .....hopefully going out soon again and really want to try fly fishing for them of the front of the boat :)

·
Registered
449 Posts
none showing this weekend at all was out for a couple of hours before it got a bit choppy plenty of dabs and whitting thou see you out there soon,derby4life you got your new boat yet

·
Registered
648 Posts
Do you know when they usually show inshore around the Lleyn? I'm down in Pwllheli later this month and wouldn't mind a few for my tea and for bait!

·
Registered
11,216 Posts
you shouldbe able to get them now off abadaron lock ledges. they usually arive in that bay earlier than anywhere else. it will probably be nearer june for them off gimlet.
once they are there you could probably try a fly from the beach just before darkness as they can be pushed to within feet of the beach.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
none showing this weekend at all was out for a couple of hours before it got a bit choppy plenty of dabs and whitting thou see you out there soon,derby4life you got your new boat yet

hello mate ...I think they are going to wait till next year for the new boat mate....with all the fittings and extras they do themselves means its a winter job so's we can still fish the summer

can't wait for them macies to show :) ...bought myself a new uptide rod as well for the tope .....

·
Registered
32 Posts
Maki was showing around Trefor at the weekend about 1 mile off shore from Trefor habour a mate had some nice size one which he has kindly given me to use as bait

·
Registered
449 Posts
speaking to chrisp yesturday and hafalad hit a large shoal between st patricks and pwllheli fedding on the surface,also had a pm from a member on another forum and they got loads about 2 miles out from pwllheli all a good size so hopefully this weekend,also plenty of gilthead bream showing,derby4life will see you out at the usual spot this weekend if you are up,also hafalad had a tope run

·
Registered
7,897 Posts
speaking to chrisp yesturday and hafalad hit a large shoal between st patricks and pwllheli fedding on the surface,also had a pm from a member on another forum and they got loads about 2 miles out from pwllheli all a good size so hopefully this weekend,also plenty of gilthead bream showing,derby4life will see you out at the usual spot this weekend if you are up,also hafalad had a tope run
Gilthead bream or black bream?

Sounds interesting - gilts are on my target list for this year :)

Cheers - John

·
Registered
648 Posts
Cheers for that, might well give Aberdaron a go first---do you mean off the rocks to the right looking out?

·
Registered
11,216 Posts
you need to go through abadaron o the road heading left of the beach, there is a track you can drive down and park up. then through the feilds to the rock edges.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
wow thats a monster :blink: :blink:

cheers for the info mate ..might see you out and about at the weekend....thats if I don't go and watch leeds relegation party :) :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi There

This is Julians wife. He asked me to let you know the mackerel are in at Mackerel Rock.

He is in our caravan on Anglesey and went fishing there today for a couple of hours and caught 20 mackerel and 1 pollack. All mackerel of good size, many over one and half pounds.

Trish

1 - 20 of 31 Posts