World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Down to Burry Port with a load of new feathers, weights floats etc; well the tackle dealer needs a new motor - there's old air in the tyres of his current mode of transport :) . No-one there when I got there but it soon filled up with Grocks (I promise that even if I did have hair I wouldn't torture it like that). Was forced to cast over an area I just knew was snaggy by the 'big boned' lass to my left (I'm sure she has a nice personality) and lost tackle. To hell with it I thought and moved to the end of the breakwater couple more casts and then wham over went the tip and I felt the weight on the rod "bloody hell I thought - the boys are right - these mackeral put up a good fight on light tackle" Mackeral my **** I'd caught a 2 1/2 pound bass, caught with a size 4 hook!! Very welcome surprise then I snagged those feathers - changed to the old Dexter wedge and caught nothing. Still it seemed I had the only fish this afternoon :)

·
Registered
437 Posts
well done paid4 good to here you scored m8

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all and Whiting I'd love to catch a 2 1/2lb Mackeral ;)

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Lendusaworm said:
well done paid4 good to here you scored m8
Yeah he scored alright,- the big-boned lass to his left :eek:

·
Registered
192 Posts
i hate whiting said:
yeah nice one. bass fight hard but i reckon mackeral are the hardest fighting fish i have ever caught.

Hi man i live in Brighton now and the last 2 times ive been ive pulled 5 or 6 out at a time !!! you know the single colour feathers in a row of 6 :D Ive got some pics but i cant upload them :(

CAI

1 - 9 of 9 Posts