World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Some info required please.

I was thinking of heading out off Thorpe Bay seafront in my Kayak this evening with the intent to catch Macky on feathers.

My Q is, do Macky only realy congregate round the pier or will i cacth them off shore from Thorpe Bay up to say the Half way House area?

Cheers

15,082 Posts
Hi all

Some info required please.

I was thinking of heading out off Thorpe Bay seafront in my Kayak this evening with the intent to catch Macky on feathers.

My Q is, do Macky only realy congregate round the pier or will i cacth them off shore from Thorpe Bay up to say the Half way House area?

Cheers
As long as you can get off far enough to get a bit of Tide Howard you should find a few.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What a blank i had. Took one rod and went from Thorpe Bay and paddled to the pier, apart from being knackered when i got there, i pulled my rod up and down for 2 hours without a nibble.

Musts admit it was over high tide and little to no flow.

Made me chuckle to see some of the charter crews face around the pier head and leigh middle when i diffted past them. I looked like a true nutter.

I moved out around the pier head at high tide and headed in before the ebb as i didnt fancy a trip into the North Sea.

Now i have two sore wrists, back ache and throbbing foremarms

Probably just a nother night for Pablo.

I wont be trying that again, 1.5 hours to paddle back

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
crikey you must have arms like popeye lol

15,082 Posts
What a blank i had. Took one rod and went from Thorpe Bay and paddled to the pier, apart from being knackered when i got there, i pulled my rod up and down for 2 hours without a nibble.

Musts admit it was over high tide and little to no flow.

Made me chuckle to see some of the charter crews face around the pier head and leigh middle when i diffted past them. I looked like a true nutter.

I moved out around the pier head at high tide and headed in before the ebb as i didnt fancy a trip into the North Sea.

Now i have two sore wrists, back ache and throbbing foremarms

Probably just a nother night for Pablo.

I wont be trying that again, 1.5 hours to paddle back
Your obviously not a 'Natural born Athlete' like me.
I often take a cruise around Two Tree Island.Only takes me about 15 minutes.

·
The Ego
6,046 Posts
Your obviously not a 'Natural born Athlete' like me.
I often take a cruise around Two Tree Island.Only takes me about 15 minutes.
And how long to cruise around Uncle Toms Cabin at night?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts