World Sea Fishing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received this via email from Michelle Muir, a community fundraiser, regarding a fund raising event for Macmillan Cancer Support. As it is such a worthy cause please spread the word far and wide by copying this onto other forums and websites across the net. The picture is hosted at the url below if anyone wants to use it

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c5/big_cod/macmil2.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cast your line for Macmillan Cancer Support

The fishing tournament takes place over two fisheries at Esthwaite Water Trout Fishery on the 3rd June and 10th June at Derwent Reservoir

Jane Curry, Fundraising Manager for Macmillan Cancer Support in Northumberland, is confident “The Big Fish” will be a success once again. “Don Coe, Fisheries Manager for Northumbrian Water is very pleased to be hosting the event at Derwent Reservoir, he believes Macmillan’s work to be invaluable and an extremely worthy cause. We have use of some of the countries top fishing spots, the scene is set for a really good day. Now, all we need is as many anglers as possible to join in.”

One well known angler lending his support to the event is Jack Charlton. Jack said: “I’ve been a keen fisherman for years and love nothing more than casting a line and hoping for success. Being able to do this while raising money for Macmillan Cancer Support sounds like a perfect combination to me.”

The tournament is in it’s second year in Northumberland for Macmillan and has already generated interest in other parts of the country. “The enthusiasm shown in our event has been great, if we meet our expectations the Big Fish could become a national fundraising event for Macmillan.” Jane adds: “All proceeds from the event go directly to supporting people and families who are affected by cancer so it’s very important this and our other fundraising events are successful.”

If you want to join in “The Big Fish” please contact Macmillan Cancer Support on 01670 856 510 or either of the participating fisheries.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.