World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had a very good pound of the above yesterday, went out but only did about 4 casts then had to leave, so ive got a load of maddies but dont want to lose them.. im going out tomorrow... how can i keep them as fresh as possible???? there in newspaper and pete at the min!!!! wrighty123

Registered
had a very good pound of the above yesterday, went out but only did about 4 casts then had to leave, so ive got a load of maddies but dont want to lose them.. im going out tomorrow... how can i keep them as fresh as possible???? there in newspaper and pete at the min!!!! wrighty123
just keep them cold and put them in some fresh paper they should be fine

Registered
Don't put them on hooks....?
The 2nd week in September when you are back in school (lets hope you have a violent teacher this year!):g:
As has been said if you keep them in peat (not the garden variety with additives) but sea/river peat change the paper, & keep them in a cooler bag with plenty of newspaper between them & the ice block! They dont like being too cold or they die!;)

The Ego
where can you buy this sea peat from. I dig maddies on a regular basis, and end up keeping them in sea water and changing the water on a daily basis. This I find is fine until you want to take them fishing as I have to transport them in a bucket of water and they don't 'bulk' up as they do when being transported in peat.

Registered
you probs am gonna say im doing it wrong but i keep them in the frige in a bait tub on there own with n news paper or peat.

i find they will last up to 4-5 days the way i keep the and iv found that they touthon up as well and stay on the hook better.

callum

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.