World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just bought a second hand Mag Elite C3 CT with no user manual, instructions on how best to use the magnets adjustment, would any one like to give me some advice?
I have been using a supermag for my rough ground work and fancied the abu for clean ground over whitesands this summer,there are more mag adjustments on the abu and was'nt sure how to use them.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
stick at 4 and see how you go , use the right hand adjuster pretty well on and slacken /tighten the left one til theres just no movement some guys like a little but i like none set dial to zero handy if you forget setting
if 4 is ok reduce it or if not increase it
you can always start at 8 and palm the mags on as the cast progresses
but this can be awkward at first i use 8 if at night for a quiet life or zero in daylight for a thump
dont forget youve still got your mechanical brakes working away

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
If you've got a smooth casting style you should be fine with very little braking force. I run it with the mags set on 2 (3-4 in a head on wind), no brake blocks and yellow rocket fuel. I also like a bit of movement on the spool.

These reels are very smooth and predicatable. As long as you are using a good main line and thumbing the line back onto the spool slowly and evenly you shouldn't have a problem with unexpected blow ups.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts