World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey , took the side of my green mag elite off to take out magnets, but when come to replace side found small black clip about 1cm long in a c shape, anyone know where and how this bit goes back on????
cheers miffed

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Puzzled by this one as can't picture the bit you're on about off the top of my head. I've taken the mag housing out loads of times and never come across a piece like this, all I can suggest is that it's a bit from the actual housing - did you take that apart?

Did you have fun getting that little V shaped spring back in properly? Always fun the first time that one!

Any dramas with it and Abu-Surgeon-General is the man to speak to, nice chap and very helpful and great service if you need to buy any bits for it.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
w gunner i think the c shaped piece you found is the v shaped spring Bootster talks about stand the reel cage on a table with the reel foot facing you put the mag ring on the cage and at the bottom of the circular hole in the ring is a small groove and a slot moulded into the plastic ,the end of the flat spring fits in this it will only go one way round , then with it in place carefully put the sideplate back on set the mag slider to about 4 then refit the three screws once tight check the mag ring moves in and out with the slider moving. The small spring that dropped out can have a drop of super glue put on it where it fits into the plastic ring to stop it dropping out next time

1 - 3 of 3 Posts