World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: ANYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've just been given a single rare earth mag conversion for my multiplier. The spool is not magnetic will it work, I have read that the spool does not need to be magnetic as the rotation of the spool causes a reaction and produces a field from the magnet. Is this true??????? (Its an aluminium spool.) The kit fits perfectly on the endplate and winds in and out really well, but will it work?????? Anyone with any advice, I'd be really grateful. Cheers Rich. :confused:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Simply - YES

It all to do Electromagnetic induction.

The spool (aluminium) is rotating in a magnetic field which causes a current to be induced in the conductor (spool) the current flowing generates a magnetic field which then interacts with the permenant field in the magnetic brake causing a braking effect.

I need to get out fishing more ;) .................

·
Registered
58 Posts
It's all due to Lenz's law..

couldn't resist checking out the science which I haven't used for a few years....

Sorry to bore the group but the fishing is getting so poor these days.......

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Isn't it great to have such instant explanations! Billy-Not-So-Daft definitely gets a high mark for his reply. I noticed an answer to the same question in one of the magazines this month which is no were near as good! Standard 5 next week Billy bach!

Put Lenz's law into google and you get a great explanation AND animation!
It was on micro.magnet.fsu.edu/electromag

I must go fishin' more!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts