World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else won a prize from a Fishing Magazine and not received it? I won letter of the month in BFM back in August last year and despite contacting them several times I have still not received it.

Is this common or just my luck?

C

·
0 Posts
Give Jim Whippy a ring. His number is usually on the inside cover or the following page. I am sure he will sort it out for you.

L

·
0 Posts
This sort of thing probably happens more than you'd think! - that said it could just be an admin ****-up.

C

·
0 Posts
I have just spoken to Jim on Chris's behalf and he will now be getting an even better prize so problem sorted.

C

·
0 Posts
Just saw the letter Chris. The prize was some Fishtek lures but Jim is going to try and send you a reel instead I believe as the lures have all gone. Apparently there have been a few admin cockups as Lockstock says. Jim was also on holiday for 3 months and has just got back. His email address has also changed but not been updated in the mag. Hope you are happy with the result.:)

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank tou Terry, you know why I am chasing it, suffice it to say at the moment it is not for me but for an extreemly good cause.

C

·
0 Posts
No problem Chris. I owe you many favours for all of your help in the past year, just one less now:kissing:

·
Registered
11,118 Posts
i once won a coleman powerhouse lamp in sea angler. [readers tips] after a few months with no return they said they were waiting for them.
so i contacted, coleman who didnt even know they were putting up the prize. after showing them the mag it was in they honoured it and sent one straight out.

other stuff though has come with no probs.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Kind of related.

Had the pleasure of catching an 8lb+ Bass off of the shore last May, so put a claim in to Sea Angler for my specimen badge and free cap.

Waited, and waited and waited. In the end it turned up in August. The cap was fine, but imagine my suprise to see I had got a specimen Bream badge.

Finally got around to returning it in November, asking for my Bass one. Which finally arrived at the start of last month.

Still, it was for free I suppose!

·
Registered
8,986 Posts
Have won prizes from the Sea Angler, Fishtec lures ,line, and Ammo bait (very good prize) never a problem,sometimes things go wrong thats life == PAT

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
fiskies sent off for his mission acomplished badge after catching a nice small eyed ray, they sent him a hat but no badge!

·
Registered
11,118 Posts
you need to send of a SAE with stamp on it for the badge and 2 first class stamps for the cap.
sent mine off last week but dont expect to get anything for a month or 2.

i,ve had a few and it can take a couple of months.

it says they wont be sent out until after it has appeared in the mag.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
you need to send of a SAE with stamp on it for the badge and 2 first class stamps for the cap.
sent mine off last week but dont expect to get anything for a month or 2.

i,ve had a few and it can take a couple of months.

it says they wont be sent out until after it has appeared in the mag.
True, wasn't concerned about the initial wait, it was the wrong badge appearing and another log wait to receive the proper one that made me chuckle

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
Hi all,

sorry for my ignorance but which magazine is bfm?

I want some new to get my teeth into as i currently subscribe to tsf and sea angler.

cheers Stu

·
Registered
338 Posts
I phoned both Sea Angler and TSF and asked if they would review my book. They both said yes so they both got a copy. One did, the other didn't but no sign of the book coming back (surprise surprise). Feel a bit childish phoning them up though. Suppose that's what they're hoping for....

1 - 20 of 28 Posts