World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
on the beach, upstream end there were odd snags of buried broken hawser in places, beach sailing club end was a jumble of boulders in places, the edge of the dredged channel , mostly along the upstream end of wall and beach is a trap for gear as it gets winched up and over , fast retrieve reels, and lead lifts will help this also d-vice/tronix pro etc , bait capsules help as they act as giant lead lifts on the retrieve. the large boulders at the foot of the wall will always be a problem. fast retrieve/ lead lift/ dont pump it in is best bet imho but its not infalable.

Reactions: midge590 and Mukiwa

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I’ve lost so much tackle there least two/tree every time I’ve fished it & too be honest I’m not sure that it’s environmentaly worthy there must be 100s on tons of led there in front of the wall
locals collect it all on spring tides,.or i used to.

Reactions: Mukiwa

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
Sounds like a nightmare to fish, there are plenty of other venues that are more enjoyable :eek::eek::eek:
Two right Steve, but it's very sheltered in the big sw blows.

Years ago a mate bought a brand new ziplex m4 evo, off fishing lost control in the cast and shattered in pieces on the wall not a good night fishing

1 - 12 of 12 Posts