World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I'M PROBABLY SICK OF IT
13,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took a rare trip over to magazine lane for a club comp last night , this venue can be snaggy but thakfully i think iv found a way of getting around/over that as i didnt lose any rigs at all or any of the 25 weights in my rucksack hoping for action . I have to say i enjoyed this one even though you are mainly fishing for "bits" ie small pout that look a bit worse for wear . Small flounders were caught further along the wall also 3 dogs landed and a number of eels put in an appearance , i missed one earlier somehow but nabbed one late on of 1 lb 2 oz , a lovely fish . Despite windy conditions elsewhere i fished in calm and peace, on every retrieve its a worry whether you will get your rig back and then over the rocks but i managed ok , not bad for april , most enjoyable . :wave:

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Got to be a record....fishing Maggy Lane & not loosing tackle!
At least you caught.

Haven't fished there since 1970's !

Splodge.

·
I'M PROBABLY SICK OF IT
13,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi splodge , iv only been there twice so feared the worst as my first visit was horrendous for losing gear , last night though was ok , at least where i was , i was finding the steep shelf down to deep water the problem on retrieve but pulled out of it with steady pressure

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I used to skive off of Tech college early & fish there, back in 70's......lost a fair bit of tackle...caught a good sea trout & plenty of small bass.

Ahhh! the 70's ...good music, good bikes,good memories, those were the days :cool::laugh:

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Ahhh! the 70's ...good music, good bikes,good memories, those were the days :cool::laugh:
Remember them well!!

Fished a small match there on Sunday 09.00-14.00 never lost any gear but had the same problem with the lead getting caught on the steep muddy sides especially when the tide was below the level of the rocks .
Plenty of bits Pout ,Whiting, Poor Cod and a Flounder caught and I had a 31cm pout on the last cast to give me the heaviest fish.:laugh:Biggest one I've seen down there.
Some dredging also going on by the slipway and someone up from us pleasure fishing had a 1.5lb eel I was told.
Cheers
Pete

1 - 5 of 5 Posts