World Sea Fishing Forums banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

WSF Primary Administrator.
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
This thread was about me needing a lighter rod because of a persistent injury to my forearm.
Nothing to do with tip speed or old verses new.
馃檪馃檪

Registered
This thread was about me needing a lighter rod because of a persistent injury to my forearm.
馃檪馃檪
Have you tested a Tailwalk HiTide TZ 90ML?
7-24g

not going to put a Patch out, but it does most of our traditional lures, and is light as a feather, especially teamed with a 3000.

Not tried the MJ rod, but, if you want light, I doubt much gets lower.

Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Have you tested a Tailwalk HiTide TZ 90ML?
7-24g

not going to put a Patch out, but it does most of our traditional lures, and is light as a feather, especially teamed with a 3000.

Not tried the MJ rod, but, if you want light, I doubt much gets lower.
Got one Ben, it's wonderful but in wind just does not have the power to wack out lures.
Calm evening and P100 /P125 and softies its brilliant.

I love it but......

Registered
馃檪馃檪
i personally agree with Sergei'
sort the balance and there will be less stress on your wrist and arm..dont forget that it might feel balanced but adding a lure will change that.
i have been fishing with a shorter rod [8.9] for the last year+ and must say that i feel a lot less fateughed[buggered// dam spelling] after a long session.

Joined 2009
馃檪馃檪
nick u ever feel like you sprained your wrist after a cast, or is it more the holding it causing the discomfort

Discussion Starter · #26 ·
nick u ever feel like you sprained your wrist after a cast, or is it more the holding it causing the discomfort
Working the lures Mat, after about 2 hours it hurts.

Registered
Have you thought of lures you don't have to work , simply reel in. Plenty of choice out there.

Joined 2009
Will see how I go with the lighter rod mate.
i think there鈥檚 a lot to be said for smaller lighter lures nick, along with lighter lines and sticks.
It鈥檚 surprising how far those duo ryukis cast and they handle a bit of a sea too.
Lightest rod I had with some backbone was a Daiwa Labrax AGS, there鈥檚 a 93 casting to 35g now that weighs 130grams. I鈥檇 guess it鈥檚 the movement not the weight of the rod causing grief, still a decent rod.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts