World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
*BASS LURE GURU*
10,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So went to Ireland with the new custom eu from chesil bait tackle ........

And a new reel ,,, braid etc ,,,,,

It was lovely not to have a coffee grinder ............

I'm sure someone ,,, ( Richard ) lol will give the rod I used its full name .....

Wow wow wow ,,, I loved it ,,,,

Surface ,,, excellent ,,, easy to use ,,,, straight out the bat ....

No long drop , short drop ,,, holding back etc etc ,,, or getting used to it ......

Better than any major craft rod I've used ,,,, touch on soft s was sublime ,,,,,,,

Bouncing black fiish minnows was unreal ......

Metals went miles ,,,,

And all the feel on every crank bait I used ..............

It's the third best lure rod I have ever used .......

The st criox I owned was by far the best .............a branzino I borrowed was second ,,,, but it was 500 plus ,,,,,

This thing is third .................

It will now be my main rod for ALL my bass fishing , and for guides to use .........

I love it ,,,, and to spank a 11.9 on it ,,,on its first outing ,,, makes it even more special to me .........

It never felt under gunned ,,,, Richard told me off for being a bit of a bully with it ,,,,

But it coped putting the hurt on a very big bass easy ..........

I can't wait to actually get out asap and use it again .......

I believe it's 199 quid ................

Not cheap ,,, but way way way better than far more expensive rods I've used ,,,,,

Can't wait to have next UK double on it ,,,,, ( hopefully this year for our bet ROD 44 lol )

If not it will come next year ,,, or one after ,,,, , no longer .................

Not a lot of bass rods , I believe are true all rounders ,,,, some excelled at soft s ,,, some surface .....

Trust me ,,, this does the lot .......with ease ...............

·
Banned
2,660 Posts
If you press Ctrl and U together it removes the underlining when you type Mark :thumbsup:
:roflpuke::roflpuke::roflpuke:Good write up nonetheless. Definitely helpful. Sounds like they've raised the bar then and fingers crossed they fixed the reliability issues they had with the Truzers (either that or made them more angler-proof ;))

·
Registered
203 Posts
Were you using the 9' or 9'6?

I picked up a 9'6 10-30 the other week as a treat and have christened it with a 2lb schoolie. Out of the bag i was a bit worried as the tip is thick compared with my original 9' skyroad ( which always reminds me of a fly rod). However, in action its a bit beefier (throwing 28g dexters on the old one felt a bit much, no probs on the new one) and almost as sensitive. I like fishing 16g sg small curltail sandeels and it was fine, casts similar distance, can still feel them when the winds allow! Playing the fish i thought it was much larger and wax somewhat surprised when i landed it - might be the rod or the heavy current running through the estuary need more fish to tell. I dont do much hard plastic, but i reckon it would be fab given its firm but fair action. I guess the thicker tip might be more damage resistant, but im not hard on my kit so dont intend to find out.
Only problem i had was with my poor old aernos reel braid nibbling bail arm, to be retired now in favour of a stradic ci4+ 4000.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Sounds like the new majorcraft triple Cross.
Not sure if this is true but I got told by someone it used the same blank as the truzer.

·
Registered
7,707 Posts
So went to Ireland with the new custom eu from chesil bait tackle ........

And a new reel ,,, braid etc ,,,,,

It was lovely not to have a coffee grinder ............

I'm sure someone ,,, ( Richard ) lol will give the rod I used its full name .....

Wow wow wow ,,, I loved it ,,,,

Surface ,,, excellent ,,, easy to use ,,,, straight out the bat ....

No long drop , short drop ,,, holding back etc etc ,,, or getting used to it ......

Better than any major craft rod I've used ,,,, touch on soft s was sublime ,,,,,,,

Bouncing black fiish minnows was unreal ......

Metals went miles ,,,,

And all the feel on every crank bait I used ..............

It's the third best lure rod I have ever used .......

The st criox I owned was by far the best .............a branzino I borrowed was second ,,,, but it was 500 plus ,,,,,

This thing is third .................

It will now be my main rod for ALL my bass fishing , and for guides to use .........

I love it ,,,, and to spank a 11.9 on it ,,,on its first outing ,,, makes it even more special to me .........

It never felt under gunned ,,,, Richard told me off for being a bit of a bully with it ,,,,

But it coped putting the hurt on a very big bass easy ..........

I can't wait to actually get out asap and use it again .......

I believe it's 199 quid ................

Not cheap ,,, but way way way better than far more expensive rods I've used ,,,,,

Can't wait to have next UK double on it ,,,,, ( hopefully this year for our bet ROD 44 lol )

If not it will come next year ,,, or one after ,,,, , no longer .................

Not a lot of bass rods , I believe are true all rounders ,,,, some excelled at soft s ,,, some surface .....

Trust me ,,, this does the lot .......with ease ...............
Im impressed,.
You actually wrote this on Page setup Done your own spell check then copied and pasted it on here..
Ha ha...[just taking the mick.]
Sound a fine bit o kit..
But in truth, is it not just the same rod as the old Skyrod Bass''10-35g
Witch was just about correct in its rating for Bass'' fishing.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Sounds like the new majorcraft triple Cross.
Not sure if this is true but I got told by someone it used the same blank as the truzer.
Not sure where you heard this from?

I have had some input on this rods design and was testing this blank for months before it came to the market from the new Major Craft distributor for the UK and Ireland.

It is definitely not on the same blank as the Truzer.

There are hundreds of mandrels that can be used to make a blank, and 60+ different carbon cloths that can used in a variety of ways to get a blank to manufacturers specifications.

The rod range is the Major Craft Triple Cross EU Custom. Link below to the distributors website.
https://www.tacklewave.co.uk/major-craft-triple-cross

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Im impressed,.
You actually wrote this on Page setup Done your own spell check then copied and pasted it on here..
Ha ha...[just taking the mick.]
Sound a fine bit o kit..
But in truth, is it not just the same rod as the old Skyrod Bass''10-35g
Witch was just about correct in its rating for Bass'' fishing.
Hennie, nope it is not the old Skyroad re-branded. The EU Custom Triple Cross is a stand alone range of rods, of which I have spent a lot of time on the water testing with all manner of lures and catching bass into double figure size.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Not sure where you heard this from?

I have had some input on this rods design and was testing this blank for months before it came to the market from the new Major Craft distributor for the UK and Ireland.

It is definitely not on the same blank as the Truzer.

There are hundreds of mandrels that can be used to make a blank, and 60+ different carbon cloths that can used in a variety of ways to get a blank to manufacturers specifications.

The rod range is the Major Craft Triple Cross EU Custom. Link below to the distributors website.
https://www.tacklewave.co.uk/major-craft-triple-cross
I’ll dig out the post but it was mentioned on lureanglers forum.
I personally loved the truzer and if it wasn’t for the price would get another one so for me the prospect of getting a cheap one would be great.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
I’ll dig out the post but it was mentioned on lureanglers forum.
I personally loved the truzer and if it wasn’t for the price would get another one so for me the prospect of getting a cheap one would be great.
I've personally had hundreds of bass on this new rod, it hasn't let me down ever.
I'm one of the team involved with this rod and it has never been said from us that it was a Truzer!

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I broke my skyroad962ml I replaced it with a triple x 902 ml not the eu at first I was put off with the short handle . I now really get on well with it BUT. I now want something with a bit
More grunt for rough days. Do I go for the 962 ml as above or 962m 15-45 or the 942 ssj shore jigggng rod rated15-45?

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
I broke my skyroad962ml I replaced it with a triple x 902 ml not the eu at first I was put off with the short handle . I now really get on well with it BUT. I now want something with a bit
More grunt for rough days. Do I go for the 962 ml as above or 962m 15-45 or the 942 ssj shore jigggng rod rated15-45?
Martin, I'm hoping to be on the next meet in November. I have all of those rods, you're welcome to have a go with them. I'd also add into the mix another I have.....the 982 surf, a faster action than the M or ML. The surf casts 10-45g.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts