World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello im off to majorca soon and would like to no any rigs or baits for the shore fishnig and what i can expect to catch is there anything big near the shore id be happy with a 5lb+ fish at the i no next to nil abotu the fishing expect theres no big game fishing which id like to off done but theres none there can any one help????????!!!!!!!!
REGARDS JACK.P

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Um....not quite true Jack. There's certainly a run of reasonable sized Bluefin Tuna off the Balearics later in the year BUT as far as I'm aware they're only targeted by private game boats and (of course) commercials. Have a look around the marinas and I'm sure you'll see a few sets of outriggers and fighting chairs.

In terms of the shore fishing if you go to the head of the Europe forum, where all the threads are listed, and type Majorca into the Search this Forum box towards the top righthand side of the screen that will list all previous threads. You'll find some reasonable pointers on the island's potential and the species encountered.

At a more general level the Mediterranean, other than perhaps the Adriatic - Croatia and that east coast of Italy, is never going to offer much in the way of 'game fishing'. Realistically, if you're looking for somewhere 'close' to home, you need to try the islands - the Canaries, Madeira, Azores and Cape Verde, or the Algarve later in the year.
Dave

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Um....not quite true Jack. There's certainly a run of reasonable sized Bluefin Tuna off the Balearics later in the year BUT as far as I'm aware they're only targeted by private game boats and (of course) commercials. Have a look around the marinas and I'm sure you'll see a few sets of outriggers and fighting chairs.

Dave
Well treat this with caution BUT I've just happened to find this 'surfing' - http://www.angling-in-spain.com/sea.html. And I suspect it is only an intermediary advertising rather than the boat owners.

Rates appear to be very pricey - they may however be prepared to put groups together - but if you're tempted make doubley sure there's actually a run of Bluefin in the area. They also mention Marlin. These are probably likely to be as rare as the proverbial Hen's Teeth and the smaller Whites (and Spearfish) rather than Blues.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
the bream andmullet species over there as well as bass can reach over the 5 pound mark use a simple two hook flapper with size no 6 short shank hooks ten cm hook links andlight lead 35 grams
bait english bread will catch you everything or if you can find a tackle shop buy coreano jumbos a small ragworm
go for a snorkel and you will be able to see the species on offerand watch there mannerisms its very theraputic and fun

the first hours of sun up and down are the most productive

you dont need to cast very far either from the waters edge to thirty meters is ideal

a light medium to light spinning rod is perfect coupled with a small real

tight lines gary:yeah::)

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the bream andmullet species over there as well as bass can reach over the 5 pound mark use a simple two hook flapper with size no 6 short shank hooks ten cm hook links andlight lead 35 grams
bait english bread will catch you everything or if you can find a tackle shop buy coreano jumbos a small ragworm
go for a snorkel and you will be able to see the species on offerand watch there mannerisms its very theraputic and fun

the first hours of sun up and down are the most productive

you dont need to cast very far either from the waters edge to thirty meters is ideal

a light medium to light spinning rod is perfect coupled with a small real

tight lines gary:yeah::)
sounds great to me a nice bit of mullet and bass fishing with some bream i also like snorkling so will have a look at the fish

1 - 6 of 6 Posts