World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got to Filey last Sat 2nd July. Starting just after the bottom of tide I had a fish on the first cast then no more for the rest of the day. In total there was only 4 caught off the rocks, however boats drifty just out of casting distance were catching them by the string full. It was good conditions but I suspect too small a tide to push them in close. But they are definitely there!

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Hiya bynorthsea,
That's good to hear, I'm out of Brid this weekend weather permitting.
:)

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Hi seagem
Quite a few codling coming out around the corner of Flambro' Head at Bempton cliffs quite close in over the weekend.
Good look tomorrow, be sure to post a report on your days catch.
Cheers
Arct...

·
Registered
29 Posts
:D :D

Hi all.
Didn't go fishing today due to my mate's duty of sorting and freezing yesterdays catch. 576, yes, 576 mackrel, 16 !!!!! stone of codling, none under 4 lbs. plus
a few dabs. He used the traditional one hook down, lead, one hook up, plus a third further up. 3 codlings on more or less every drop.
When I met him in harbour today, his wrists was in level with his ankles, lol
The whole body was in pain, wow, missed a good day there

Well, I have reported, but wish I was out there myself !!

Take care all of you.

Sea_Gem

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Hi seagem
Sorry to hear you didn't get out today, but what a red letter day for your mate.
Was he out on the wrecks or closer in?
What were the codling taking on the hook?
Will be out again myself this weekend. Yipeee!! :)
Cheers
Arct...

·
Registered
29 Posts
;) ;) ;)
Knowing Berhie, he would be on cocktails, (mussels, squid, mackerel, etc. )

Just off the head, only out for 5-6 hours

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
If you can't be fishing then the old battle cruiser is the place to be. :D :D
Nice one seagem, cocktails it is. (the fishy variety) :)

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Hiya Seagem,

Very nice. Slightly bigger than my little tub :D ( can,t complain, it gets me out there.)
Will look out for you in the future and maybe get some tips. :)
Cheers
Arct...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Sorry, mate. You wan't see me off Flamborough Head in Sea-Gem anymore.
Take a closer look at my web. site which is still under construction.

You will see that Sea-Gem is arriving at the marina this Easter. Cost me an arm and a leg to get her down there from Brid. Harbour, all the way through France and Spain. But jobs done, ready for the blue fin Tuna when I move down there next month

ake care, mate, and thight lines

#####SEA-GEM ####

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
16 stone of codling,572 mackeral and you took the lot home?dont you think thats a slight overkill especially with the way fish stocks are right now.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
seagem said:
Sorry, mate. You wan't see me off Flamborough Head in Sea-Gem anymore.
Take a closer look at my web. site which is still under construction.

You will see that Sea-Gem is arriving at the marina this Easter. Cost me an arm and a leg to get her down there from Brid. Harbour, all the way through France and Spain. But jobs done, ready for the blue fin Tuna when I move down there next month

ake care, mate, and thight lines

#####SEA-GEM ####
When I first went to your web site I just had a quick look to view Seagem. I didn't read anything at all, but I did think it looked a little too bright and sunny for Brid. Now I have looked again I can see that it definately isn't Brid. Not enough seagull s--t. :D
So you are leaving the tropics of Yorkshire for a very dull and miserable hell hole. I'm jealous.
Good look mate in your new venture, be sure to let us know how things go. If you can manage to find the cod of the North sea these days then the prolific waters of the Med will be a doddle.
All the best
Arct...

·
Registered
29 Posts
marcus1975 said:
16 stone of codling,572 mackeral and you took the lot home?dont you think thats a slight overkill especially with the way fish stocks are right now.
:eek: :eek:
Marcus, get your facts right before you start, 576 mackerels, not that it make any difference. For a start , I didn't bring the catch home, my mate did.
Second : I said he was busy gutting and freezing the catch.
Freezing it for winter bait for his pots. If you haven't a clue about North East coast fishing, I suggest you find another site to "winge " on.

You always get one, don't you ???

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
seagem said:
:eek: :eek:
Marcus, get your facts right before you start, 576 mackerels, not that it make any difference. For a start , I didn't bring the catch home, my mate did.
Second : I said he was busy gutting and freezing the catch.
Freezing it for winter bait for his pots. If you haven't a clue about North East coast fishing, I suggest you find another site to "winge " on.

You always get one, don't you ???

ok 576 macky big deal .second you didnt say that they were for pots.third if you think i havnt got a clue about northeast coast fishing i suggest you look at where iam from .and last but not least you suggest i find another site to winge on ,i suggest you go into more detail before you post a thread then people will get there facts right . and by the way if i see something in the forum i i think is wrong i will speak up about it because i have a right to like every other person .

·
Registered
29 Posts
what's wrong in taking fish home ???????????
For use in the winter months when it gets hard to catch bait for your pots.
My mate got a 24 cobble, not a factory-trawler

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
seagem said:
what's wrong in taking fish home ???????????
For use in the winter months when it gets hard to catch bait for your pots.
My mate got a 24 cobble, not a factory-trawler

nothings wrong in taking a few fish home m8 i didnt mean to **** you off ,its just you didnt say they were for pots so i got the wrong end of the stick ,no harm ment honest m8 :eek:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Glad to hear that, Marcus.
We are all plain and simple fishermen, lol
We do our best to have a happy life out there, take care,
Sea-Gem

1 - 20 of 20 Posts