World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im thinking of buying a gemini weight mould as it will give me something to do in my spare time does it work out cheaper than buying them from a shop by making your self or is it the fun of making that people do it

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Great leads for the cleaner marks. You may want to get another/different mould though if you fish rough ground! A regular breakaway mould such as a namix for example work out a lot cheaper as you are cutting down on the bits needed. You will only need the eyes and wires, rollers optional. If you know someone in the building game and can blag a bit of free lead, alls the better. There is a sticky at the top of the page regards the safety side of things.
Cheers,
Sam

·
Registered
572 Posts
Or persuade someone to lift it off your local church roof!:icecream:
Oh you naughty person.... :blink: I asked if I could have a 25kg ingot as a leaving prezzie from my last job... still got it on one piece.. seems a shame to cut it up.. it's a wheel chock for my boat at the moment!!!!!.. but I like making leads.. something very satisfying about it!

·
Registered
PB BASS 75CM
8,062 Posts
im thinking of buying a gemini weight mould as it will give me something to do in my spare time does it work out cheaper than buying them from a shop by making your self or is it the fun of making that people do it
hi m8
i sell 7oz extra grip namix weights
18 gauge stanless steel wire short or long tailed

80p each +post
sell in multiples of 5's

·
Registered
586 Posts
I use a Gemini mould paid a £5 on here and get lead for free so works out for me, a pack of tails are about £1.80 for 10 or 10 Heads and Tails wires are about £5.95.
I guess you need to work out after buying the mould and bits, how many ready made leads could you buy? and how many do you get through/lose?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.