World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BEFORE THE MOD'S MOVE THIS TO THE BOAT SECTION , THE REASON I HAVE PUT IT HERE IS THAT THE PLACE SELLING THE BOATS IS IN GLASGOW AND IM LOOKING FOR SOME LOCAL INPUT , MAYBE SOMEONE HAS BOUGHT ONE LOCALLY ETC .

I STAY NEAR THE MAKRO WHOLESALE OUTLET AT HILLINGTON AND TODAY HAVE RECEIVED THEIR SPECIAL OFFERS BROCHURE, I HAVE NOTICED THAT THEY ARE SELLING A 5 MAN INFLATABLE FISHING BOAT, IT ALSO TAKES AN OUTBOARD , AND COMES WITH OARSAND PUMP ETC ,LOOKS NOT TOO BAD , ITS ONLY £80 AND I THINK IT MAY BE A BARGAIN , I HAVE A WEE OUTBOARD LYING IN THE SHED THAT WOULD SUIT IT NICE.

WHAT DO YOUS THINK ,
HERE IS THE SPEC

boat_excursion51.jpg

Features

Dimensions: 145" x 67" x 18"
Weight Capacity: Up to 880 lbs with 5 persons
Constructed of rugged SUPER-TOUGH™ PVC. SUPER-TOUGH™ PVC is an extremely strong and durable plastic material that is impervious to gasoline, oil and salt water. The strong molecular structure of this plastic makes it highly resistant to damage from abrasion, impact and sunlight. This special PVC plastic material also allows more air pressure for greater rigidity while maintaining the PVC material's natural flexibility.
The Excursion 5 Boat's SUPER-TOUGH™ construction is made with 30 gauge (0.76mm) material. The quality and design of this material results in extra strength and excellent durability. This reinforced PVC plastic is much thicker than comparable inflatable boats; the Excursion 5 Boat is built to last!
The Excursion 5 Boat is made with 3 air chambers including an auxillary air chamber in the hull for extra buoyancy
Two Boston valves are included on the main hull chambers for quick-fills and fast-deflations
An all-around nylon grab line circles the upper hull
The Excursion 5 has an I-beam floor for both comfort and rigidity
Two 54" deluxe boat oars with lightweight yet durable aluminum shafts
Three inflatable seat cushions (2 have backrests)
One high-output manual pump
One gear pouch
Four attached oar locks
Two fishing rod holders
Two durable grab handles; one on the bow and one on the stern
Motor mount fittings
Oar holders
One repair patch-kit
The Excursion 5 Boat has been assigned a U.S. Coast Guard I.D. and the Mariner 400 is certified by the National Marine Manufacturer's Association (NMMA) as well as being TUV approved in the European Community
Specifications

Approximate Size: 145" x 67" x 18"
Weight Capacity: 880 lbs
Weight: 64 lbs

AL

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
know a few boys who fish on etive with similar dinghys dont know if i would have the bottle too maybe summer at arrochar or somewhere sheltered like ford bay its no light at over 30 kg is it

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Aye , They Should Have One On Display In The Store , I Think Ill Go In For A Look , If Its Any Good I Might Buy One.

Al

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Looks alright to me al. Would love to see you get Paul out on it lol.
Neal
The Skink

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It Comes With Oars And Engine Mount Etc , Ready To Put In The Water

Al

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Unbelievable at that price, would love one to fish the sheltered waters of Rough Firth from one of these, would be able to launch/retrieve at any state of the tide, and save my legs a couple of hundred miles walking this year.

·
The Chosen One
4,518 Posts
Looks alright to me al. Would love to see you get Paul out on it lol.
Neal
The Skink
over my dead and rotting corpse not a chance in hell :nono: :banghead: :eek:hnoes: :eek:hnoes: :eek:hnoes:

·
England Team Captain
30,606 Posts
Does that mean they'll be distributed throughout the country in time ?

Could use one of those.

·
The Oracle
8,208 Posts
Inflatable + hooks:g:
Do you get a free Titanic soundtrack with it :lmao:
or even a little Spurry dog...

at £80 it will have it's place... and that's in the local boating pond.. boats like that and the Sea / Lochs are an accident waiting to happen. :uhuh: :uhuh: :uhuh:

·
Registered
148 Posts
over my dead and rotting corpse not a chance in hell :nono: :banghead: :eek:hnoes: :eek:hnoes: :eek:hnoes:

Thorny scared of water......

iv been looking at boatsd and trying to persuade the misses to get somthing cecent this year... but it`s not working :(

so that may be an option for 18 months, so let us know m8y

Gitty

B

·
0 Posts
I see it's made from PVC.....plastic to you and me........do you really fancy going out to sea fishing (i.e. using sharp pointy things) in a plastic inflatable that is very prone to puncturing!!!

As for the motor mount...well I would hazard a guess that the motor in question will be a little electric jobby........again not ideal for going out to sea!

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I see it's made from PVC.....plastic to you and me........do you really fancy going out to sea fishing (i.e. using sharp pointy things) in a plastic inflatable that is very prone to puncturing!!!

As for the motor mount...well I would hazard a guess that the motor in question will be a little electric jobby........again not ideal for going out to sea!
i have had a look at the website and it states that it is made from 30 gauge (0.76mm) material and i seen a close up pic of one with an engine fitted , it looked like a wee 4hp petrol outboard , i have used inflatable boats for fishing in the past and if your carefull they are relativley trouble free , also i measured out the size of this boat and it is very large , although it does say that it is suitable for 5 persons , i would think it would be mor comfortable with 3 persons .

at this price it is an affordable way to go boat fishing, i assume that the manufacture and material quality is robust , after all the have it fitted with 2 x rod holders making it a fishing boat . having said that , i woildnt like to drop a thornback ray on it or trying to pull a thrashing spurdog over the side .. better to carry a repair kit incase of accidents

·
Registered
775 Posts
am i missing something?

are prople really considering doing into loch etive, or even loch long in one of these???

I'm thinking theres a reason its only £80 - its crap and poorly made.

even a couple of mackerel on a set of feathers could see that thing ripped to shreads!

should come with a compulsary considerable donation to the RNLI

sorry, but you'd need a death wish to put that thing on salt water, other than for getting out to a PROPER boat on its mooring.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I see it's made from PVC.....plastic to you and me...../QUOTE]

That just about sums it up Poor Value Craft
have to disagree davy , at £80 i would say that it was good value , you are only knocking it coz you have a large purpose boat, im sure this would be good value for someone who cant afford or does not have tha space for a large boat .

fpr you its poor value , for someone else its their chance at boat fishing and the pleasure it could bring will be of great value to them

al

1 - 20 of 58 Posts