World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I was off the Heugh at Hartlepool yesterday. Only one there. High tide water very mucky and brown. Fished with a float and some silver belly.Nowt doing. Thought go on put some whites out. I set up the whitetails and hoyed them out hoping a coalfish might fancy a bash.Again nowt. The beachcaster was out with macky and rag on. Couple of good bites but again nowt to show. Put a couple of hours in.
Did not see any sprats so no macky. I,ll leave it another month.:g:

Mick.

·
Registered
11,285 Posts
I was off the Heugh at Hartlepool yesterday. Only one there. High tide water very mucky and brown. Fished with a float and some silver belly.Nowt doing. Thought go on put some whites out. I set up the whitetails and hoyed them out hoping a coalfish might fancy a bash.Again nowt. The beachcaster was out with macky and rag on. Couple of good bites but again nowt to show. Put a couple of hours in.
Did not see any sprats so no macky. I,ll leave it another month.:g:

Mick.
sprats and baitfish wont go into dirty water. in some cases bigger fish can herd them tight up against it as if it was a wall. they need to be able to see around themselves at all times.:unsure:

·
Registered
388 Posts
sprats will go in dirty water as i use to catch them in my shrimp net off aldbrough and it is very rare for the water to be clear down here
dene

1 - 7 of 7 Posts