anyone fished there recently?
im going there tommorow?
never fished there before.
any advice or tactics would be great.

thanks ben

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
i'fished there a few times i usually walk on the left around the headland and as you get there you can drop down onto the ledges and fish off the rocks but if you keep on th efoot path around the bay you will pick up the biger wrasse and i know if you look accross the bay to the next piont i think that is were steve tucker had the welsh record conger from at one point, if you are going to fish out far my advice would be to use a short wire biting trace at the end of your normal rig because they have alot of big spider crab up that way and they chop straight the normal mono, you will pick pollack and wrasse up on float fished rag or crab but i found using a single patern oster rig with a weak link the best way for the biger fish i hope this helps a bit.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
very rough ground mate. so rotten bottoms are essential. might have a chance at a huss or conger if yor fishing into darkness. most people just fish for wrasse and pollack in the side tho. could try lures like storm eels for pollack and maybe a bass.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Gets battered by some nasty swells on the point - dont risk it if the sea is still lumpy
The beach itself can give flounder and small bass (occasionally bigger) so all is not lost if you cant get out onto the point.
Some monstrous record rattling three bearded rockling in amongst the rough stuff on the ledges! This will undoubtedly be the next record to be beaten if people target them! They will take crab baits intended for the wrasse tight to the bottom...
They also quite like worm baits. The smaller wrasse will happily chomp rag baits.
The rough stuff ends at about 65yds on the first set of ledges on the corner of the point - if the water is clear u will see what I mean from the footpath as you head out. So fishing onto the sand past the rocks can sometimes give a small-eyed ray, turbot, smoothhound, gurnards, possibly a plaice if you are lucky and of course the inevitable dogfish!!!
Fishing on the edge of the 'reef' is best for the stray conger and huss who will venture off the rough stuff especially at night!! Otherwise just stick it straight into the rough and bear the tackle losses!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts