World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me, Phil and Mick are coming down Brighton way on the 6th of March. Phil being the optimist thinks we are going to catch plaice. Me being a pessimist thinks we are going to catch rockling and weed. We're coming anyway unless it's blowing a hooley or snowing so I'm just after advice really where to head for. I'd prefer to head for the marina, but it looks like that could be unlikely due to the damage.

Perhaps Shoreham might be a better bet. I would be grateful for any advice.

Cheers. :)

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
If the nets are not out I would fish between the marina west arm and the banjo groyne. If nets are out try further west toward Hove.
Plaice at Shoreham are few and far between, an alternative venue might be Pevensey.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i`d probably go for the Shoreham arms Conc,few fish coming up,but i wouldn`t hold my breath for plaice though......Alan

·
WSF Hardcore Angler
4,039 Posts
If the nets are not out I would fish between the marina west arm and the banjo groyne. If nets are out try further west toward Hove.
Plaice at Shoreham are few and far between, an alternative venue might be Pevensey.
Well, northerlies sat onwards, the longer it stays settled, the better your odds of a plaice or ten, but who knows, if the colour drops out, your laughing, if not, try hove, a few bass to 4lbs, perhaps a plaice........goodluck

yep.... what they said

·
Premium Member
24,398 Posts
Plaice could appear overnight hard to know after the battering it's had. Would keep my options open a little longer yet

·
Registered
9 Posts
I fished at Brighton to right of Banjo last week. Nets were out on the other side. Storms have ripped lower beach up and the ground was really snaggy. Lost loads of gear despite moving a couple of times. Others along the beach suffering the same. Only caught rockling and pins 3 at a time and one small plaice. Think it may be some weeks before snags silt over.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Hey Conc, - you used to get some good Plaice fishing off Hastings - bear in mind it has been 20 years since I lived there mate.

Rock-a-Nore off the concrete jetty casting to the left - go at about 90 degrees as apposed to straight out.
The Pier used to throw up a few biggies - 3lb+ fish every spring around April time.
In front of the Marina Bar at St Leonards end.
The old Stamco timber yard - another wee concrete groyne again going off to the left but more directly out to sea.

Distance casting can make a difference except at the Rock-a-Nore mark.
Traces with a bit of bling - not crazy but a few beads - yellow and black alternate are my favourite.
Lug tipped with squid strips or mussel/razorfish tip.

Got no idea if these places still fish but gives you something to think about mate and investigate - part of the fun for me anyway.

Hastings Angling Centre used to be quite helpful and there is another place called I think Aquamarine up at the St Leonards end.

Have fun mate, Leo.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts