World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
28th March 2007, a day to remember, the weather was just perfect, ran out of Bradwell Marina for about an hour agianst the dying flood, got to the mark just as the tide was turning, great timing or what. Then we sat and waited, and waited, and then waited some more. Things were getting edgey but I made an executive decision and we stayed put, "IT ONLY TAKES A SECOND" no sooner said than BANG, in a big way and we were off

Two at a time.

Then Jason had one of 15lbs, a meritable effort as he only has one working arm

we also had a few of these up to 8lbs

A great days fishing and a pleasure to out, but the weekend is not looking too good.

G

·
Another good result and excellent pics:clap3: . How about getting the best of each species on the SE Specimen list?:)
I am out today and hoping to get a couple myself.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Great report John, all the species I have being looking for!
How does Jason manage? I have a pal that lost his right arm in a bike accident, he would love to fish but has always written that idea off.
Cheers Sean,

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great report John, all the species I have being looking for!
How does Jason manage? I have a pal that lost his right arm in a bike accident, he would love to fish but has always written that idea off.
Cheers Sean,
Sean, Jason got injured in a motor cycle accident also, but he has got a great attitude and guts, no complaints a really funny and bubbly guy, he has left hooker abu's a 6500 and 7000, he has had a mate convert a belly butt holder with a tube that accepts the butt of the rod, and then by bending forwards he pumps as we would do, i.e. rod up then rod down and wind on, still working on the optimum webbing as the photo may show, but he has handled quite a few good fish. So that he can relax between fish the rod is placed in a rod holder the ones with a lock arrangement, we all watch it but he is the one who generally shouts "here we go", and the rod is demounted from the holder and stuck into his pad from thereon he is on his own.

as you can see he is a fiesty character.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Another super day:clap3:

Thought Wednesday had "good day" written all over it :wallbash:

Much respect to Jason, Dave had mentioned a guy with a similar injury when talking about my shoulder, might be the same bloke - puts my injury into perspective

All the best
Billy

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
I noticed it too in the last post but didnt like to say anything.You dont see them like that in Ann Summers get a patent on it quick.Anyway back to the fishing glad somebody is getting out and catching a few.:)

Best Regards
SD

·
Registered
111 Posts
John.Again wicked pictures!Iwas so pi**ed off I couldn't make it.
You need to charge Westy for advertising!Quarter spread rate!
Congratulations to Ginger on that ray,awesome achievement.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts