World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Crept out of Bradwell Marina on the last of the ebb, the wind was north east about 5/6, but as we cleared the creek it felt like a 9, white water all over not a day to go fishing really. The hook was dropped just clear of the baffle and we rocked and rolled for about an hour with only crabs to show for our efforts, this was no good. As the ebb eased the wind flattened the sea and hoping that it would stay in the north east we decided to go down to Clacton and give it a go, an hour later we sitting off Clacton in 8 feet of water sheltering from the stiff Northerly breeze, thankfully though the codling appeared and made it worth the while

Westy was the champion again, followed by Jason
then Steve and Jamie got in on the act

the fishing was steady all the way through the tide and quite a few hit the going home box, although we did return almost as many. Once again the squid did the business with the worms being left unused. Packed it in at 3-45pm, glad to be home, what's happened to the global warming!!

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
Crept out of Bradwell Marina on the last of the ebb, the wind was north east about 5/6, but as we cleared the creek it felt like a 9, white water all over not a day to go fishing really. The hook was dropped just clear of the baffle and we rocked and rolled for about an hour with only crabs to show for our efforts, this was no good. As the ebb eased the wind flattened the sea and hoping that it would stay in the north east we decided to go down to Clacton and give it a go, an hour later we sitting off Clacton in 8 feet of water sheltering from the stiff Northerly breeze, thankfully though the codling appeared and made it worth the while

Westy was the champion again, followed by Jason
then Steve and Jamie got in on the act

the fishing was steady all the way through the tide and quite a few hit the going home box, although we did return almost as many. Once again the squid did the business with the worms being left unused. Packed it in at 3-45pm, glad to be home, what's happened to the global warming!!
Nice fishing mate its nice two see the codling are still around i am out tomor on the boat but i am going after the SPURS and BULL HUSS TIGHT LINES

G

·
At least you are getting out and finding the fish John. I cant wait to get out on mine. Hopefully not too long now, maybe thursday this week.

·
Registered
93 Posts
John,
Good fishing mate. :clap3: and fair play for getting out in those conditions.

How many more weeks do you reckon before the codling disappear?

I was hoping to get out this week but it appears that the "Pye man" is going :boat: in Spain, so possibly next weekend with a bit of luck.

No doubt we'll see you down there soon.

Cheers
Billy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts