World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about heading to the Marina East Arm tonight for a few hours. I've got some fresh rag, fresh lug & 4 peelers.

Anyone know how it's fishing at the moment with the slightly settled weather?

If anyone is about tonight, feel free to pop by & say hello. I'll be fishing with the wife.

Mart

·
Registered
12,592 Posts
I was thinking about heading to the Marina East Arm tonight for a few hours. I've got some fresh rag, fresh lug & 4 peelers.

Anyone know how it's fishing at the moment with the slightly settled weather?

If anyone is about tonight, feel free to pop by & say hello. I'll be fishing with the wife.

Mart
Couldnt be better conditions for a neap tide going into darkness. I predict mackerel a plenty on dusk, good chance of sole after dusk, and black bream, red mullet etc up to dusk. Inch sections of Ragworm on wee hooks for the most fun. Fish on the sands though, anywhere past bay 15. (East, of course....!!)

Save the peelers for the top of the tide, and the first hour after. Cast em as far as possible. Always the chane of a hound.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rob, as always, many thanks my man.

I will follow your advice to the letter.

Much chance of the bass that's eluding me so far this year????

·
Registered
12,592 Posts
Rob, as always, many thanks my man.

I will follow your advice to the letter.

Much chance of the bass that's eluding me so far this year????
Marina is a funny one, in that it can always throw up a fish when you least expect it, a bit like Seaford. But most decent marina bass are caught on weather changes, especially high to low, and quite often when you dont really enjoy fishing on there. I would leav the bass tackle at home, and utilise the rod on the pretty and tasty fish that you should find down there, the bream, Red Mullet and if you are lucky, Gurnard. IF however, you see mackerel leaping clear of the water, you will then kick yourself for not taking bass gear. Ok, take everything, plus the wife to carry it all....... ;)

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
I'm still tempted as the wind is forecast to start dropping, although that wind with the incoming tide could still make it a tad damp.

F%$*ng Terry was in the shop and said it was a bit lumpy coming in on the boat and worsening.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts