World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having canned a day out on Sea Leopard due to a poor forecast, we went down to the Marina and after a trip to the tackle box wandered over to the West Arm and set up shop in bay 8 and 9 about 10:30. Rigged up my very light Shimano spin rod on a 3 hook flappper size 2's a 2oz weight to bounce the bottom with mixed bait up and down the wall. Quite quickly got a very blunt headed dark coloured blenny of some variety on the bottom hook on lug then all quiet so set about feathering for a mack or two. Had one mack and then action on the other rod with the tip bouncing and line stripping coupled with a birds nest... fish on and so had to handline a nice 42cm 2lb bass up to the surface and up the wall which had taken squid on the bottom hook.

Ditched feathering as no real action and went to bait on the bottom with two rods one close in and one about 15 feet out rag, squid and lug . About 2pm the wall rod went again on squid and this time a smaller 36 cm / 1lb bass came up the wall. Meantime my buddy liam had hooked a small black bream of about half a pound which was on his squid bait.

No more fish action as low water approached but I picked up a very small edible crab that went back

Packed up at 4pm score me 4 Liam 1 but a good day out and some recompense for lost day out wrecking....

Finally I did the forensic bit when i got home and found two small fish in the stomach of the bigger fish (pictured)

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes was a good day indeed Mr Hammond... No need to gloat with this 4=1 thing... It was pure luck considering I had the same set up and bait only about 2 foot away from yours! Also you neglect to mention that it was I that noticed the big Bertie on your rod why you were chucking fluff!

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes was a good day indeed Mr Hammond... No need to gloat with this 4=1 thing... It was pure luck considering I had the same set up and bait only about 2 foot away from yours! Also you neglect to mention that it was I that noticed the big Bertie on your rod why you were chucking fluff!
Do I detect some sour grapes ????? :fishing:

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
not at all..... its all banter! lol :fishing:
Nothing wrong with banter but i do draw the line at being labelled a "fluff chucker".... we all do it from time to time ......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts