World Sea Fishing Forums banner

Marina West

480 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  aprb66 
#1 ·
Not wishing to try and out do mangerphishs report, well done to him, re the marina last night, you'll see from my catch report that I'm not, but hear goes.
1x Large crab
1x Nice size Bream, caught by my son (at last). We were pestered by weed and crabs nipping hook lengths, haven't had to rerig so many times before, I'm sure we were using the wrong gear, but hey.
We were greeted by some large waves and we got wet, Will loved that, fished a long time 5pm-2.30am.
Managed to get some weed out of the sea for everyone else at least!
Never been to the Marina, at least to fish, before and tried to maintain the correct manners that I believe in and I try to install into my son.
At approx 1am some oriental gentlemen turned up, set up, and disappeared. Several minutes later they were popping back to see their one colleague my side and bringing fish back, I enquired as to what they were catching and they said Pout, well I'm still a bit of a numpty as far as fishing goes and unless they were treading on them, they were flatties of which I'm sure were undersized, but they were definitely being caught from the harbour side.
After my enquiry it became a very cloak and dagger affair.
any way a lovely night and the mini monster is shattered this morning but wants to go back!
Also thanks to Vic Fisher who reminded me to check waterproofs, via another thread yesterday, as my leggings were in another bag:whistling.

See less See more
#3 ·
Oh what a shocker! More small fish being killed, by the same suspects. If its not school bass by the bucket load at the hot pipe, its now sole at the marina.

Maybe sometime soon they will start hacking the fins off the smoothhounds and putting them back.

There is an interesting post, I think its called "help the bass" on these creatures slaughtering undersize fish the length of the south coast.

#4 ·
they were probaly sole you should have told the man that come.s round and takes your money and he could of trown them of for takeing under size fish
Didn't see him, helpful chap though, but as you can see they arrived and they started catching from the harbour, not long before we left
believe me I would have willingly told him and if needed backed him up.

#5 ·
Good report Honeymonster. Sorry there wasn't more coming up on the west - we still got a soaking on the east (I even went back to the car to get waterproof trousers) but the fish were worth it. Didn't spot anyone fishing the inside or taking undersized fish on our side but there were loads of them shining lights on the water and feathering out scad (horse mackerel) like there's no tomorrow. Some poor sod's probably eating them (unknowingly) for dinner right now!

#7 ·
Sounds like you both had a good session, well done Jr on the Bream.

The oriental problem keeps coming up in posts/threads, it is a pity we do not have more back up from the authorities.

I am all for throwing them in at every chance :ph34r::ph34r:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.