World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
Some of you know i am involved with sea cadets. We have a new training officer and the conversation went something like this "dave you got your own boat, good you can teach marine engineering."

First of all i am a aircraft fitter airframe so my knowledge is limited to what i have had to do on my own boat (thankfully not a lot).

Can anyone point me in the right direction for info on hull types and construction. I have a good book on outboards which will be invaluable.

Also, not being a teacher where do i start ( yes at the begining i know).

Many thanks for your time lads
Dave

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Dave you have your own car, will youn teach F1? or Dave you have a tele, can you teach TV Repairs? Dave you have a brick can you teach insurgency? You are not going to have any time to go fishing man, tell him to sling his hook!
blueskip

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
teach insurgency thats one i can do mate cause a revolt and stage a coup. then assume control and make the little darlings ROW me out to the good marks:spiteful: :spiteful:

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
well i can point you in the right direction as ive got a b-tec in nautical science which includes ship construction and marine engineering.

ship c onstruction comes in two types, transvesly framed ( short ships) to about 150m.

and lontintudanly framed ( ships over 150m ) in length.

then you have double bottom tanks to contend with , which most ships have.

you also have all the different classes of ships, eg baulk carriesr, container ships, crude carriers, genral cargo and coasters.

then there is the engine room with different types of main and aux engines.

like 4 stroke diesels and 2 stroke diesels engines.

good luck mate but most info can be found from the internet and libary

1 - 5 of 5 Posts