World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help!

I'm trying to find a dealer who can supply a pair of cb points for a Mariner 20 from around the early 80s.

Can anybody advise a source? :g:

Thanks

Arthur

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
try www.seamarknun.co.uk should get phone number of website. they stock loads of parts for 80's engines

·
Registered
85 Posts
try www.ishopmarine.com they're in the USA, but with the exchange rate at the moment, they're prices are probably cheaper than UK even after postage. I got a few bits off them a few months ago, delivery time was less than a week.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Spidermonkey,

Had a good browse round their catalogues but no joy in tracing my engine serial number/contact sets. Even dealers are drawing a blank yet the S/N on the plate is as clear as day. :g:

Thanks for your help. :)

Arthur

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks The Hogster,

Just added an 'n' for the link to open (www.seamarknunn.co.uk) and have emailed them. Awaiting a response. :unsure:

Thanks for your suggestion. :)

Arthur

PS. Will let both you guys know what happens!! :notworthy

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All,

I have already tried Keypart (www.keypart.com) who have been very pleasant and helpful. Posted stuff off immediately and gave first class service. Even they had probs with these cb points. :schmoll:

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Threw the question across the pond to where the engine came from and received the following gems of information ........................ :clap3:

"1977, made by Yamaha. Mercury thoroughly ****ed off Yamaha :oops: and all ties have been severed, so chances are pretty good that no Mercury dealer on Planet Earth will have a snowball's chance of helping anyhow. Go to a Yamaha dealer and get them. Should be the same as a 1977 20Hp Yamaha.

The 6A9 models came later and don't have points."

See thread ..........

http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=194490

Hope this helps somebody else. :D

Scrottocks

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
better of ringing seamarknunn rather than email mate, ask for dave in the outboard spares dept, you will then get a anrswer straight away.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ordered (and received) the cb points from Kevin Mole Outboards in Cowes, IOW. Very efficient and helpful.

Thanks to all of you who chipped in with info and advice. :clap3: :clap3: :notworthy

Hope my post above helps anybody with a late 70s/early 80s Mariner 15/20/25 which is really a Yamaha!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts